The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead nail angle... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
You may have heard the saying:
There are OLD pilots.
There are BOLD pilots.
There are no OLD, BOLD pilots.

The message here is to be very careful with anything that is dangerous.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Please be careful in the advice that you give. It could incur liability to the site. Which is unfortunately open to all ages. This dialogue really belongs in an inner forum at least.

Julian Kestrel
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
Sigh Smile You can lead a horse to water .......
Why even bother. I don't think he's going to listen.(Must be a guy thing) Nico, go ahead. You seem determined anyway, (a good thing with the right advice which you're getting here.) Once you get a good, (or bad) bloody nose, comeback and reread the thread. Then maybe you'll learn something.

JenniePrice
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Blast.

I just realized--I shoulda put a copyright on that picture.

I don't mind Slim using it here, but anybody can copy it and use it for themselves.

Oh well, live and learn.

Hey, all you bad people who copy things that aren't yours and, like, use them. Well, um, that picture is mine, so, y'know. . .don't.

There. That should do it.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi if you hit that nail without holding you may go through the nasopharynx and hit your lowest section of the brainstem it controls your heartbeat and your breathing.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
That's a good reason one should refrain from walking around the place nail-in-head whilst pi$$ing people off, should one get punched in the face.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Just thought I would post this here, instead of starting a new thread...

...my firend has started blockheading and she is only using q-tips at the moment, but she can get two of them in the same hole, and she can now do it with a pencil,
this seems very strange as I can only get 1 in, and not a pencil,
is it unusual?
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
OK so...I need to get this off my chest.

The stunt is called Human Blockhead

When you refer to performing Blockhead you DO NOT SAY "well, gee...I think I'm gonna go do some blockheading for some cash!" or whatever.

BLOCKHEADING IS NOT A WORD!

BALLOONING IS A WORD!

You should say " Well, I think I'm going to go do the Blockhead act for some money!"

Sorry guys, but I have seen people type this and even say it for a long while and it just pi$$es me off to no end.

who knows...I might be wrong ( and if I am I'm gonna catch all sorts of hell for saying this.) but the point is it bothers me....so there that is.

NOW! Smile

to get to Joker's question:

Tell your friend that she should not be using pencils regardless of whether or not she can. The pencil is made of wood. They are scratchy...the inside of your nose is a membrane, one that can get infected.

Ya know what...how about this, just tell your friend that she should not stick things up her nose, and that way she can avoid any problems and not lead you to ask more questions!

the bottom line is it is dangerous, and clearly some people don't know what their doing and should at all costs stay away from this particular art form.

Thanks so much,
Brett Loudermilk
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
[I don't mind Slim using it here, but anybody can copy it and use it for themselves.]

Say, thanks Stephon. I appreciate you letting anyone use it!
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Ok, I know people keep saying it is really dangerous but what if you can do it, then can you give advice?
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Stephon, my bad. I confess from my ivory tower, I did not think before I used it...
Slim
I see so many terribly distorted ideas about the blockhead, both here and other places , written by people who think they have answers, and can give advice, who are sooo wrong.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

http://www.hostmypic.info/uploads/2051bf73b4.jpg

I was just kidding Stephon. Slim can use mine cause I peed all over it.

I ain't giving advice though. I have had my share of problems with this stunt and don't want some joker to hurt himself.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
I took and wiped the pee off... ;-)

http://www.hostmypic.info/uploads/7a75fe6e76.jpg

-Vinnie
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Cute kid... Keep practicing your double lifts.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Quote:
On 2006-03-07 19:56, The Village Idiots wrote:
Cute kid... Keep practicing your double lifts.

Smile Did I do something wrong? Smile

-Vinnie
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Yeah, I'm at a loss on that one as well. The only double lifting I know of is when I combine two anvils in a single lift. I know about double dipping, but we'll save that for a more appropriate time.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Hey no problem at all, Slim. Like I said, I've got no problem with it being used here, I'm just mad at myself for not thinking ahead to the fact that it's out there for the whole net now, without my name on it.

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
I think he is a little p*ssed because you took the copyright off his image, then put it on the web for anyone to steal. It might be a good idea to delete that picture from the server straight away, before to many people get hold it it Smile

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Seems admin couldn't swap out images for me, just remove the old one, so there are going to be a few posts that make no sense now; sorry, but I just wasn't comfortable with my un-peed on picture floating around in cyberspace.

Here's the marked one:

Click here to view attached image.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blockhead nail angle... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL