The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Thirst and hunger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
I'm experimenting with an integration of mentalism effects for one flowing routine. Tell me what you think:
Patter about hot stage lights...
1. glass of water production (Osterlind's). Take a sip.
2. make the water boil "see how hot it is? We need some magic." then 'freeze' it (elemental-Fields)
3. put the "ice" in a bowl, take out or conjure redi-whip whipped cream, spray it on, conjure cherry w/ stem, plop it on top. Leave dish on stage. Patter about how a magician eats ice cream.

4. do "floating cigarette/ Area 51" with a red plastic spoon!

5. eat some of the whipped cream at the end, as you bring spoon up to mouth at the end. Maybe float the cherry to eat too?

BONUS effect: after standing ovation, go behind curtain, leaving magic sundae on the stage.
Extend arm thru curtain, beckon sundae insistently. It moves on its own, and follows you through as the audience roars. (Believe it or not I DO have a method for this one.)

I think together this could be an unforgettable routine.

Ideas? Tips?

Brian
Bothell, WA
Windrider Entertainment
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Tip: Don't drop it!

Posted: Jul 9, 2005 7:44am
OK, I couldn't resist that one. It's a good routine, but it's not "mentalism," it's "magic" and darn good "Wizard magic" at that.

Back in the seventies, I recall a magician who was in the forefront of electronic magic... he had a text scrolling device on his table that commented on his magic... somebody help me remember his name! Anyway, the thing I remembered most about his act was his "accident." He would take a deck of cards from a card box and put the box down on the edge of his table, but misjudge the distance and the box would fall on the floor. He would notice it, snap his fingers, and the box would fly back onto the table where it was supposed to be. That's Wizard magic!

So ignore my above tip and DO drop something as if by accident, only to make it fix itself magically.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
I definitely will drop my pretensions.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Thirst and hunger (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL