The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sisti Books? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Where can I get books by Jim Sisti (the Magic Menu guy in Magic Magazine)?
He seems very well versed in matters of restaurant magic in his monthly articles.

Any other REALLY GOOD and PRACTICAL authors I should look for?

I like that he talks more about your mental state and the how's & why's of the art, I'm not so much looking for trix, you silly rabbit.

Thanks,
aaron
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Pick up the collections from his (sadly departed) magazine, the *Magic Menu* -- there are three. *Magic Menu Years 1-5,* *Magic Menu Years 6-10,* and *Magic Menu - the Final Four Issues*... I'm pretty sure that I have the titles correct. (They are very close, at least.)

I've heard that *Years 1-5* is out of print now. However, I don't know of a magic shop that can't get it in for you. Scott Wells recommends starting with that, and so do I.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I second Mormonyoyoman...I have the complete set of Magic Menu books an I refer to them almost as often as I do Daryl, Bobo and Tarbell. If you can find them, it is worth the investment for a restaurant worker.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Agreed. Also, you might consider contacting Jim directly. He is a member of The Café and was a special guest (VIP) of the month some time back.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5762 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I think that Mr. Sisti sold the rights to The Magic Menu to Timothy Wenk. At least, that's what he said when the first bound editions hit the store shelves. I doubt that he could legally sell you any issues, unless obtained from Mr. Wenk.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Try looking for it at http://www.magicbookshop.com
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Just because you sell the rights doesn't mean you can't sell the books--just can't print em up and sell em. Also, I was suggesting Mr. Sisti be contacted not just for The Menu, but also for other items he may sell.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Thanks everyone. I will check out http://www.magicbookshop.com Brian.

Any other comparable authors out there?
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Quote:
On 2005-07-08 18:47, mormonyoyoman wrote:
Pick up the collections from his (sadly departed) magazine, the *Magic Menu* -- there are three. *Magic Menu Years 1-5,* *Magic Menu Years 6-10,* and *Magic Menu - the Final Four Issues*... I'm pretty sure that I have the titles correct. (They are very close, at least.)

These books are a "must read" in my eyes when it comes to restaurant magic.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Thanks to everyone for their kind remarks.

L&L Publishing owns the reprinting rights to the first 10 years of The Magic Menu and Andrew Pinard owns the reprinting rights to the eleventh and final volume (reprinted recently as "The Magic Menu - The Final Four.") I still own the rights to the name, etc.

The first L&L book is currently out of print though a fourth printing is now being considered. The second L&L book is becoming short in supply but is still readily available.

Well, that's all the time I have right now.
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
Check Out Magicbox in Newcastle , last time I spoke to them they had copies, heres there addy
http://www.magicbox.uk.com/

Darren...

Hey Jim, thanks again for that email.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Quote:
On 2005-07-10 11:35, Darren Kidby wrote:

Hey Jim, thanks again for that email.

Anytime, Darren. Happy to help.
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Thanks Jim for the PM, I know where to get the books now. It's amazing I've been reading your articles for years and never realized that I was reading the same 8 over & over again! Smile

Jim is a class act & is willing to help anyone out. We need more Jim's in magic!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Smoke, you'll get no argument from me. Jim is first class, all the way.

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Sisti Books? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL