The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » World Famous $11 bill trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Curtis

I appreciate your thoughts. It emphasizes, amongst other things, what I've just started to think about in the last few weeks, my performance persona. That will take some time work out. Besides just doing some experimenting, I've been thinking that watching other's performances would help to see what "fits". Unfortuantely, most video clips I've found on the web are little more than someone doing the mechanics of the trick. The exceptions to that are clips of Steven Bargatze, Billy Biship, and Whit Haydn(his apparently new character). Three very different personas; three very entertaining to watch performers. I would like to see Kaps perform(I just have one of him smoking his thumb, but no sound). Further suggestions along this line are welcomed.

"Regardless of where you decide to place the "focus of suspicion", the fact remains that the effect will mainly be conveyed through your (and your assistants')Reactions to the magic, rather than by the magic itself."

Good point, I will remember that.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Tawkin2ya
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Tawkin2ya
In case anyone is interested, Stevens' Magic has Kaps Currency in stock. I got mine from Joe last week.
Ray
mshanker
View Profile
New user
Frankfort, KY
84 Posts

Profile of mshanker
John,
I found Steven Bargatze clip, but couldn't locate Billy Bishop or Whit Haydn. Do you have a url for them?

Thanks.
Manoj
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
They were posted somewhere, I don't know where now, but I recommend that you look on the Café for a forum that has links to many other performers. I don't remember where that is either. I found the two you were asking for from my browsers "favorites"

http://www.mrhypnotist.org/bmmagictheater.html
http://whithaydn.com/video_clips.htm

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Kasps 11 bill trick book has been reprinted.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2005-08-17 11:56, mshanker wrote:
John,
I found Steven Bargatze clip, but couldn't locate Billy Bishop. Do you have a url for them?

Thanks.

http://www.bishmagic.org

Enjoy!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
John,

There's a DVD out there called "Seeing is Believing" featuring the history and extracts from Fred Kaps' Shows.

The 11 bill trick is shown on this DVD, but not explained.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Terry Harris
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Terry Harris
Steve just did his version of the $11.00 trick at Abbott's , he killed em , packs small plays real big
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I've known Steve Bargatze for over 12 years and if there is one thing I can guarantee you (having seen him perform live as many or more times than any other magician I've seen) I know of no one who could pull off most of the stuff that Steve does and easily gets away with. It would be like trying to copy or imitate Don Rickles...where he gets laughs, the average person would get beaten.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I just performed this for the first time 2 days ago for a few "friends".

They took it upon themselves to disrupt the presentation, talked to each other, counted the extra bills when not supposed to, put their faces right up to the bills as I did the counts, grabbed at me and my in-use pocket, fiddled with the bills they held, pulled so hard on the bills I thought they would tear them..

Yet Kaps Currency/$11 bill trick worked perfectly, they were amazed!

One problem that I might warn people of. The prep of the bills causes the (visual) orientation of the bills while in the first spectator's hands to be 180 degrees off of what most people seemed to prefer. My first spectator immediatly reoriented the bills in her hands(which makes for a suboptimal situation). Fortunately she miss counted, so I regrouped and reoriented the bills, she dutifully reoriented them back again! She did this for each of the two counts that involve the "move". I just reoriented them in my hand before doing the "move".

Suggestions on this? Possibly preping the bills in both directions would help, and ensuring the usefull folding right at the break?

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Hallo everybody,

I've ordered 2 weeks ago the booklet "Kaps' Currency" by phone from "magicbooksbypost.com" paying with my credit card, but didn't get anything yet delivered.

I've tried to call them again, but in vain. I'm in France, so this shouldn't take so long 'cause base in the United Kingdom. I've tried to contact them by mail but their adress isn't working either.

Does anybody know, if their busness is serious ?

Thanks for your help.

Oliver Twist
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I got my copy from them in less than 2 weeks. You should have gotten a confirmation of the order by email.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
My post office told me deliveries to France can take up to 8 weeks....I am in U.S. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Hi all,

I got the booklet delivered a few days after I send the posting on the forum. To make things clear, the company is serious. They only had a few technicial problems.

I'm really happy with the product.

Fred Kaps was really a genious.

Oliver Twist
defconskylude
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of defconskylude
Quote:
On 2005-07-25 11:48, mshanker wrote:
What with all the interest in the $11 trick I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. Last week I received an email from Steve Bargatze saying that Nuno is going to reprint the manuscript of Kaps Currency. I'm not sure how long that'll take. I hope Nuno will be able to give us a date on that.

I saw Steve perform the effect about five years ago at the Unconventional Convention hosted by my Ring #198 in Cumberland Falls, KY. My son, who was 8 at that time, still remembers it. He, however, does not have fond memories of Steve! As part of his magical persona Steve does a mean-nice trick with sponge balls. My son got the "mean" Steve and my daughter who was 5 then, got the "nice" Steve.

You may want to visit Steve's site and see his performance of both the $11 trick and his sponge ball magic.

Manoj

I cannot find the performance of Steve's $11 bill trick. Is this the exact performance for Fred Kaps' Currency or did he do his own twist on it?

Can someone please post a link of Steve's performance or manuscript?

I already have Fred Kaps' Currency. I just want to know if Steve had a variation.

If you know of this variation can you please explain the routine to get a better idea?

Thanks in advance
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Steve only post his version on his web site, password protected for Clients only!

He does the exact same version as discribed in the Fred Kaps Book with the Kaps Wallet as a table, only with a lot of Stephen Bargatze comedy. It really cannot be copied as it is all acting, nothing to do with clever lines.

He used 2 people on stage, married couple makes it perfect. That is all I dare say.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Apparently Steve B has changed the access to his video clips.

Steve added a lot to the routine - his acting, jokes, and interaction with the spectators. There was little variation to the effect itself.
You can find some of his videos on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hd0LoXeR......index=30
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=magicofstephen#play/all

but I didn't see the World Famous $11 Bill Trick

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Well, Stephen has made this video available. There is a clip on youtube that adds a different twist to the effect, but I don't think it is as funny as the one he has on his web site. Both are given below

http://www.globalmix.ch/magic_of_stephen_video.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPqKLM3Tedk&feature=related
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Just for reference, check these notes out from Stevens Magic Emporium:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=112649

You will find the effect there, among many other great pieces of material.

As far as the Roy Benson salt pour, he was a master at it and his routine always got wild reactions, but as much as I love the Benson salt pour routine, by far and wide the most entertaining version was done by the aforementioned Fred Kaps. There is a video of him doing his salt pour on YouTube. Check it out!
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Dr J

Do you know what is in that? The "I Am In Debt (The famous count effect with bills or cards)" could be explaining the how to do the effect, or thought on how to routine it. Do you know?

Johm
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » World Famous $11 bill trick (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL