The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Today I had a weird experience with AC/DC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rimeister
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
29 Posts

Profile of Rimeister
The other day my mom tried to play a CD in our car, and the stupid CD got stuck in the CD player and wouldn't come out. Today I was heading out for a drive and decided I'd try and unstick the CD from the CD player, using one of those AOL CDs they send you in the mail from time to time (yes, it turns out they actually have a use). So I turned on the radio to my favourite radio station, and I used the AOL CD to push the other CD into the player (it got stuck and wouldn't go in all the way).
I pushed the eject button on the player and all of a sudden the song on the AC/DC song they were playing on the radio STOPPED in the middle of the song, at the exact moment I pushed the button! This was strange, but a second later the DJ came on the radio and said "Sorry about that, I've never had a CD player stop working like that in the middle of a song before," and just then the CD came out of the car's CD player.

It was AC/DC's High Voltage album.

I have no idea what all this means.

Probably nothing, I suppose, but that was probably the strangest thing that has happened so far today. Then again- my doves have also been surprisingly quiet all day... that's a pretty strange occurence as well.

I'll make the assumption this is all some sort of nutty dream.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
Now you know why.. when some one asks me what my religion is ..I say Heavy Metal!!!!
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
It sounds like AC/DC CD Voodoo! (Which isn't easy to say, BTW)
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Parallel universe maybe??? I once wrote a check and noticed that the amount was the same as the check number. Eerie, huh???

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Rimeister
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
29 Posts

Profile of Rimeister
That is creepy!
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
That is a tad more than freaky!!!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Nah...it's all planned that way. Ya just gotta know the plan!
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Angus meets AOL, and spits up... about right.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
Maybe the DJ WAS A MAGICIAN!!!!

he sounds pretty darn good!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Reminds me of the time I was in my car singing one of my favorite tunes to myself, and I casually flipped on the radio, and as I flipped it on, the tunes I was singing was playing...but the wierd part was that the tune was exactly synchronized to the words I was saying as I flipped it on. In other words, it came on at exactly the same spot, timed to the split second. just blew me away.

Other times, I'll be reading a book, and as I am reading, my eyes will be focused on a given word, at that exact same second someone on TV or radio will be saying the same word synchronized. And I'm not talking about common words like and, but , the , for , to, from, etc,. I'm talking about uncommon words. And even complete phrases! This blew me away after a while. The first time I blew it off as mere coincidence, but then it began to really beat the odds as it happened continually on one occasion after another. It began to really freak me out. I felt like io was in the Twilight Zone and it began to really seriously bother me!

Go figure!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
I was playing sergeant peppers lonely hearts club band on C.D. once, when I ejected it the (so called) classic rock station that I listen to from time to time was playing the same song in the exact same spot. What are the odds…
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yeah! That's the kind of thing I'm talking about! Now imagine this happening to you REAPEATEDLY over several months time, and you will begin to understand why I was so freaked out.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Do you ever turn down the volume on the TV and crank up the tunes just to watch it gel?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Huh?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Listen to the radio while watching a silent TV. Sometimes the music seems to match the action of the TV. It's freaky, and sometimes very funny when it does.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Oh yeah! I've done that before. It's really amusing and I get a big kick out of it!
TCsteinberg
View Profile
New user
NewYawk
51 Posts

Profile of TCsteinberg
Yea, once I had the radio on and the tv muted, and it looked like Sam Donaldson was singing ina-gada-davida.
But the strange thing was, when I turned up the tv, Sam Donaldson WAS singing
ina-gada-davida!!!
~ tc ::--.---( )
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ha ha ha ha!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Today I had a weird experience with AC/DC (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL