The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » New DVDs? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Hello Richard.

I have been looking forward to your visit.

I really enjoy watching and learning from your DVDs. They are both entertaining and inspiring.

Could you tell us a little about the new DVD set that you will be releasing? Is this a new set of ETMMM or are you taking us in a different direction?

Thank you.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Hi pierre,

Thank you for your kind words about my DVD's.

The new set will be a continuation of Mind Mysteries. It will have items from the past, from my recent books and some new altogether. There are things from my first video, from 3 Miracle Routines, from Dynamic Mysteries, etc. A few such effects featured are my Ultra Board routine, The Stainless Steel Blindfold, 3 Miracle Flying Cards, Steno Esp, The Very Modern Mindreader, The Memory Routine and others.

I believe the total of the effects is between 35 and 40. I don't know yet if it will be 3 or 4 DVD's. I suppose it depends on the total time. It should be out within 2 to 3 months.

I feel very good about this set and can't wait to see the reactions.

Sincerely,
Richard
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Seeing that list Richard brings a tear of joy to my eye every time I looked at it!
35 to 40 effects on 3-4 dvds. Definetely something to look forward to.
And now we wait . . .

Also, with things like the Ultra Board (which I do not own, but wish to own incredibly bad) does it feature just the routine or will it be possible if the dvd is purchased, to build the possible materials to make the routine work?

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Richard,

The content of these pending DVDs is very much of interest to me, and should be to many others as well.

When, approximately, can we hope to see these new DVDs released?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
I think in the above post he said 2 to 3 months.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Yes, that's right. They should be out sometime in September or October, but don't hold me to it. That all depends on L&L and their timetable. Sometimes other factors delay things.
kabonifacio2002
View Profile
New user
australia
8 Posts

Profile of kabonifacio2002
Cant wait to have your new dvd richard, your mind mysteries series is awesome as well as your easy to master mental magic series and I really want to thank you for releasing those series ... more power to you
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Scott,

I suppose you could build your own Ultra Board. Almost anything I do on any DVD's could be built. I would say that the difficulty level would be about the same as making your own Stainless Steel Blindfold. And I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone for wanting to make their own props and have their own look.

Concerning the DVD's. I think this will be the last Mind Mysteries DVD's for quite awhile. The 2 sets will feature just about everything I have come up with during my career. I am working on new material, but have no plans to record any of that in the near future.

Thanks so much for your interest in them.

Richard
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of snushy
Hi Richard:
I'm willing to pay good money for you to delete the Miracle Flying Cards from your new DVDs!
I use this stunning routine often, and I've NEVER seen another performer do it.
Can't wait for the new book as well as the DVDs.
Best,
Larry Zaslow
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Mr.Osterlind, Is possible to have a version of your DVD's on one to two disc, still charge the amount that you normally would for the four disc set ($120.00), just have it on one disc. The reason I ask is I know you can put up about 7 hours of video per disc (base on compression requirements) and it is more convient to have your's (or anyones for that matter) on one disc. So you can have two versions, one with the entire set on one disc, the other on 1-4 volumes. From a marketing stand point I believe it is realistic as everyone I know who owns your materail buys the entire set anyway. But the very few who do purchase one disc at a time will still have that option. I know the current marketing thought is the customer believe they are getting more for thier money if you spread out the video on so many disc's, but I think this trend can be changed. This is the same reason DVD's come in a different case then CD's. I am not asking anybody to charge less, just use less space accomplishing the same ends. Thank you for time.

Jerry
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Jerry,

That's interesting. Believe me, I have nothing to do with that end of the production. That is entirely up to L&L. But I promise I will mention your idea. Thanks.

Richard
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
The more compressed the video is on a DVD (like shoving 6 hours on one disc), the worse the picture quality is. If I was going to spend the same amount of money, I'd prefer to have the better picture quality over the convenience of not having to change a DVD.

It will never happen with L&L videos - their standards are too high.

Kaylan
smitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Picton, Ontario
358 Posts

Profile of smitty
Your list of effects for your new DVD series Mr. Osterlind causes my 50 year old heart to skip a beat, and I haven't even heard of these effects before. But, judging by the response of others here, they must be GEMS.

One thing that has really impressed me about Mentalism, from watching your DVD's, is the simplicity to create such miracles. The simplicity of these routines leaves MILES of room for ENTERTAINMENT value. I LIKE THAT! I am SO GLAD I discovered Mentalism. Really hope to start breaking in my first Mentalism/Metal Bending show by this fall.

Kind Regards

R J
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

RJ,

Good luck to you!

Yes, mentalism allows you to create gigantic miracles with the simplist of apparatus and methods. That is one of the biggest appeals to me.

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » New DVDs? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL