The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Locked threads? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic_kris
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, KY
123 Posts

Profile of magic_kris
I have noticed a number of threads that have been locked for no apparent reason. It may just be the other boards I frequent, but I don't remember another board with so many locked threads.

If a little more info was given when a thead was locked it may help others know what line was crossed so that it could be avoided in the future.

Or may it is just a philosophy of keeping threads short or timely or some such that you could explain.

Don't mean to complain, just a little curious. Thanks for a great site.

--Kris
David Smyth
View Profile
Regular user
Stourbridge, UK
146 Posts

Profile of David Smyth
I think it's because a lot of the threads that have been closed are closed because the question or whatever at the beginning has been answered and Steve doesn't want the threads to go on for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever, if you get my meaning,

Until next time,
Back at the magic...
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The official answer is: Threads are locked when I feel the question or questions have been answered, or when I think the topic has pretty much ran it's course.

Often new members may start reading topics that were hashed out many many moon's ago.

Just a way to help keep things nice and clean, nothing more. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Locked threads? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL