The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Sigfried and roy tigers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Hello there everyone,
I was wondering if by chance did any of you know how many tigers sigfried and roy have? Also I have heard that they treat them cruelly? is this true?
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
I don't know how many they have but I have never heard of them treating their tigers cruelly...

Several famous magicians have vouched that Roy treated his tigers like a brother and or sister and that he loved them as his own pets. The tigers were treated like royalty and had their own backyard with a swimmingpool. The cages for them are exceptionally large and they are each fed stakes for their meals.

I don;t think they are mistreated. Roy seems to love animals and I do not think he would ever do anything to harm one of his tigers.
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
That's exactly what I thought.. I heard the rumour from a drunk person at my house so I didn't take him seriously but I was just making sure... that's great.. I hate animal cruelty
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Before S & R came along the White Tiger was pretty high up on the endangered species list. If memory serves me, the San Diego Zoo got a Tiger or Two out of the first successful breeding, in captivity, of the Tigers... not a bad track record.
POOF!
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Not at all.. so did S and R give them the breeded tiger?
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
They have given several tigers to zoos for breeding programs
Kyle Jarrard

funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Oh that's great... I would hate to see such a beatifully evelved creature go to extinction.
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
So would they...which is why they strongly support the program!
Kyle Jarrard

funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Yha I htink when I grow up and If I get millions of dollars I am going to most my funds towards stuff like that.
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Seigfried and Roy have single handedly bred more white tigers than any one on the planet. Keep in mind that white tigers do not exist naturally in the wild. It always bothers me to see someone who has devoted their life to animals be criticized by ignorant animal activists. You have approached this topic is the right way. Asking questions before making accusations. By conducting the proper research that so many others forgo you can draw your own conclusions.
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Who I am being an ignorant animal activist?
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Funny_gecko,

Siegfried and Roy have White Tigers, an Asian Leopard, a Black Panther, an Asian Elephant and 11 Bottlenose Dolphins. To see where they are kept, click here.

According to info at this site, there are 200 white tigers in the world. 58 of them came from S&R's habitat.

Most magicians are very serious about treating animals in a humane fashion. Read other posts in this area and you will see how outspoken we can be about doing the right thing.

Your commitment to the animal kingdom is commendable. Understand that some of us become defensive when others talk of animal abuse. It's much like being accused of abusing your children. For many of us, animals are our children.

I think Norrabmagic was referring to your following up and doing research when someone told you S&R mistreat their animals. The person spreading unfounded rumours is the activist he is talking about, not you.

:magicrabbit:
David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Ah I see... no I am not accusing any magicians of that!! I have animals of My own I have done tricks with Believe me I know that any magician can easily say he loves his animals as much as he loves himself... or in my caSE EVENM MORE. What I meant to state in my other thread is just animal cruely all around not magicians. When I said keepimg animals in a small space is cruel I said that in a sense that I didn't even really know that. S&R are my idols in magic... I think they are great even know I don't know much about them..
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Please note: Mr. Siegfried spells his name Siegfried.Smile
Learn more about Siegfried and Roy and their cats at http://www.siegfriedandroy.com
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Jeez I really feel like **** Smile I wish that I knew a little more... sorry if I offended anyone I didn't mean anything bad in the slightest way.. I just wanted to belong in the animal magic area cause I love animals so much Smile

Also have ever done a show since the unfortunate accident?
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Life is a stage for these men.
Please don't feel like ****(!) Smile It's great you want to learn more about Siegfried and Roy. Very good choice. Nothing offensive about that. Not at all. Smile
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Thanks a million its just I love animals so much... and I love magic so much.. so I want to incorporate them both.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
To answer your question, They have not "performed" since the accident. Roy recently checked into a rehabilitation clinic in Germany. He continues to have physical problems from the stroke he suffered. In his last interview, it seemed his spirits were high.

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
I hope all turns out well for them.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Just this afternoon the tv show, Entertainment Tonight featured Siegfried and Roy from an 1997 special. It was so obvious to anyone watching the show the special bond that both shared, especially Roy, to all the animals in their care. They also mentioned the special breeding program that both are involved which has helped prevent the extinction of this beautiful breed.
Anyhow one couldn't help but be impressed how both treat the animals in their care.

I'm so impressed each time I hear something about these two. Both use every opportunity to express that they hold no blame towards the tiger that caused Roy's injury. These are not the words of men that are cruel to their animals but ones that shows they obviously love them.

Funny_gecko- No one can fault you for voicing a concern you might regarding animals. You cared enough to ask and now you know the truth. :O)

Chrystal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Sigfried and roy tigers (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL