The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » KEY and/or Lock Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
Hi.
I have a locksmith shop and like to entertain my customers with a bit of magic while they are waiting for their car to get done or their keys to be finished.
I like to show them tricks that feature a key or a lock. I have the Locked Deck and Key-rect and have had some amused customers with these.

I hope to get a few more tricks along this line and hope that some of you could direct me to some nice tricks that you know of that can be learned quickly and is easily obtainable. I generally favor those tricks that use some ingenious device over slight of hand, but am interested in what you reccommend.

Thank you for your response. m
Mark Lyons O--O

Collector of Handcuffs from around the World

Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

Leslie Nielsen Lt. Frank Drebin, "Police Squad"
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Hi

How about Seven Keys to Baldpate by Ted Annemann. it does use a device over sleight of hand and is on one of Osterlind's "Easy To Master Mental Miracle" DVDs. You'll have no problem getting the materials for this if you have a locksmith shop!

Adam
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
For a quick simple effect, try Sankey's Leaving Home.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
"Coin to Key" for Bobo's MCM.

I believe Bob Solari is, or was, a locksmith.
Several of his effects can be found at The Trickery.

Searches for 'lock' and 'key' at online shops should turn up results.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1953 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Pandora's lock is a nice effect. You have a lock and 5 keys. The Magi tells each of the 4 spectators if he chooses the key that opens the lock, he will receive $100.00.

You have the 4 spectators pick which ever key they like, no magicians force here. The spectators leave the Magi with a remaining key. The Magi asks if any one wants to change there mind. When all are happy with there selection, they each try to open the lock with no luck. Then the Magi tries with the remaining key and opens the lock.
elasmac
View Profile
New user
Bristol, VA
54 Posts

Profile of elasmac
For a really simple effect try the golden key. It's the one where you move the teeth of the key up and down the shaft and then you can twist the teeth. But when you hand it to the spectater it doesn't move. A good effect but kind of pricey in most cases.
There are three things I love in life. Family and friends and magic. So I love doing magic for friends and family.

Smile
nick vassil
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of nick vassil
The spirit or haunted key, where the key turns over in your hand.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5738 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
David Acer had an effect where a borrowed ring disappeared and ended up on a locked lock.

I also remember an effect where a padlock is placed into a wineglass, that's covered with a hanky. When the hanky is removed, the lock is locked around the stem of the glass.

There are key in bottle effects. Siberian chain escape also comes to mind.
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
360 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Hello Mark

I have been manufacturing a magic padlock since 1978 that when you shine a flashlight on a key and allow the shadow of the key to fall on the padlock and then turn the key, the lock springs open. If you would like to make one for yourself I would not have a problem with that, however, please do not manufacture them for others. I am sure you can figure out how to make it but if you need help please PM or e-mail me.

I also manufacture an item called "The Uni-V Vanisher" (since 1976). One of the things that I have used it for is to turn a borrowed key into a lump of melted metal. Another padlock that I manufacture (since 1978) can be opened only by a day change key but if held at a certain angle the padlock may be opened by a tension wrench alone.

I see that you are also interested in Houdini. I have a few Houdini items in my museum (not for sale though). I also manufacture a Houdini bust that I do sell. If you would like to see a picture of it just PM or e-mail me.

Key bender is another key related effect that you might want to check out.

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » KEY and/or Lock Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL