The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » LCD tv (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
What is your dream tv? Getting a 37 inch LCD tv this weekend and cant wait. I wanted a plasma but was turned off by it because of the image burn in problems. Just wanted to tell SOMEBODY I'm getting this tv. CANT WAIT CANT WAIT!!!!!
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
I just got HDTV a week ago, and let me tell you that I can never go back now. The difference is so unbelievable, it will blow your mind the first time you see it. I assume your TV is HD capable? If so, you definitely want to go HD. If not, it still sounds like a nice TV. Have fun with it.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Just so you know, LCDs are not immune to image burn-in but do have a better life expectancy than plasmas. Plasmas can start to leak and get dim. Plasmas also have problems displaying the color black. They usually revert to a very dark gray.
LCD is a very good choice. Try to see the exact TV you are purchasing prior to laying down the dough. dead or bright pixels can hinder an otherwise great display.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
My dream tv is more like a dream home theater. Id love to have an expansion of the house with a hall leading down to a miniature "Kodak Theater" with a small walk of fame of certain favorite stars. Just simply walk in and have all the greats playing (on a HUGE LCD or Plasma TV).

I'm sure this idea has already been done though Smile

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I've been researching LCD tvs for some time and they are not at all at risk for burn in. Actually it is impossible. Besides the fact that they do not use phosphorus, They use a backlight on a colored translucent screen there for making it impossible to burn in. I've been researching for a couple of weeks now and not once have I come across anyone or anything saying that an LCD display can get burn in. It's just impossible. Any information on where I could find anything saying something LCD's can get burn in would be appreciated.. Thanks Smile
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I've supported a few LCD's that displayed the same powerpoint slide for several weeks and even powered off, the latent image was there. I've also seen it happen on LCD projectors that were left on for extended peiods of time. It may or may not be burn in but the result was the same; a latent image that made the display undesirable.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » LCD tv (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL