The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Coin storage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I'm looking for a small leather case to store coins. I thought I saw it in one of the editions of Magic Magazine but I just got done looking through them and found nothing. Here's what I thought I saw before. Small leather type of wallet that folds up and has separate compartments for each of your gimmicked coins and is small enough to fit in your pocket. Does anyone know where something like this would be available? Thanks.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Jim,

Try a leather/purse store. There are a variety of coin purses, including snap, clamp and zipper. The one I have has a zipper and two compartments. If you live near an outlet mall, look there. You can find some interesting stuff at reasonable prices. Save your money for your magic, not leather goods.

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I make coin wallets as custom orders for folks.
PM me or email me what you'd like and I'll see what I can do.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Recently there was a long thread concerning this very subject and the use of a Case Logic Memory Card Case(DMC2)as a coin case. I bought a couple at a local Target store and they work well.
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
Kueppers Keepers are really handy!
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Ahhh, finally found a picture and price of what I was looking for. If you're interested in seeing exactly what I was talking about go to http://www.misdirections.com/accessories.html and scroll down to the purses and look at the one called Coin Carrier. That is exactly what I was describing. Finally.

Jim

David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Jim,

I hope it is everything you are seeking.
When you get it, let us know how the carrier is. I'm also interested in knowing how thin the carrier is when loaded with coins. If you have time, get out your ruler and let us know...

David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Will do Dave. Don't worry I'll have time. Just have to wait for it to get here. Smile I'll keep you posted.

Jim

It's in the mail!!Should be here early next week. I cant wait. Measurements and review coming soon.

Jim

Update: Aug 1 2005

I received it today. I'm very pleased with it. The quality seems to be pretty good. I don't have time to put my coins in it right now but later in the day I will. Once the coins are in, I will take measurements and post them later on.

Jim

All Measurements in inches.

Measurements when open:
11 x 2 (length x width)

Measurements when closed:
2½ x 2 x 1¼ (length x width x height[thick])
When it is closed it seems thick. I believe once it is broken in and used, the thickness will go down. To explain what I mean, when I hold the wallet to the side, there is a half inch gap that you can clearly see through. Once it gets "crushed down" and broken in I think that this gap will close up.

I wont go into measurements of the pockets but I will say they can all easily hold any half. The entire wallet is made of real leather, so the inside of each pocket has the "felt" feel (soft leather). The bigger pocket in the back is about a half an inch deeper than the smaller front pocket. My only dislike about this wallet is that the outside leather, the black leather, has a harder plastic type of feel. I would have liked it to be softer leather like normal everyday wallets are made out of. Keep in mind that the previous sentence is just my personal preference. All in all, I am overly satisfied with this wallet and it does exactly as promised, stores your gimmicked coins. Definitely worth the $15.

Jim

Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Here's the one I use:

http://www.magiclegends.com/product1074.html

holds dollar and half dollar nicely. coins stay in stacked order they're put in, and the snap is "POLARIZED" i.e. the button is only on one side, so I can make sure the coins are always taken out in order. I keep the S***l or other gimmick on the button side of the snap. That way I know just by feel where the gaff is when I take out the coins.

I can tell by feel what coins I have in them and they pack flat I often have 2 or 3 different sets of coins in one pocket.

BTW, they are very durable. I've never had one tear or wear out in the past 6 years of daily use!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
magicbar
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicbar
I second the case logic memory card cases, they do a great job
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Jerry O'Connell makes a wonderful device called a "Coin Tidy". Jerry's card cases are quite well known amongst card handlers.

It's well made and beautiful, with a red velvet like interior and a tooled black leather exterior.

Extremely high quality, made in England.

Available at his American Dealer:
http://wizardcraft.com/
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
We have the new O'Connell Single Coin Trick Holders and Coin Tidys (6 Pockets) All leather, fully lined so no oxidation. See them all at http://www.wizardcraft.com, click the OConnell button. They just arrived in the USA.
Jess Cone
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Jess Cone
The Jerry O'Connell Coin Tidy's are well made. I prefer,however, to store my coins in separate holders out of a cold sweat fear of somehow, someway losing the entire holder and with it a fortune in coins. I've found that Wilson Leather a retail store that often has shops in outlet malls has very nice leather squeeze purse or zippered coin purse wallets for about $5.00. Check them out. Jess Cone
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I just put some very cool coin pouches up on ebay. Drop me a pm if you are interested.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Tyler
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis
170 Posts

Profile of Tyler
Jerry O's Coin Cady is great - Highly recommend it.
davidj40
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of davidj40
Jerry's Coin Tidy is on ebay for $9.99. You will find it with a search. The same seller is also selling 2 of Jerry's wallets for about 1/2 price.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Anthony Miller has one listed at http://www.rfaproductions.com that you might find interesting.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
MintonMagic
View Profile
Regular user
South Lyon, Michigan
131 Posts

Profile of MintonMagic
One of my fellow magicians gave me his coin wallet. He didn't do coin magic very often and it's very nice. Looks professional when you pull your coins out of it. Everyone at work thinks it's something you would think a magician would have.
In Magic,

Roger M.

www.mintonmagic.com
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
The one MintonMagic is speaking of is one I purchased off magictricks.com for something like fifteen or twenty bucks. Since then I've purchased a set of Schoolcraft coins and was again in need of some sort of coin wallet. This time I went with the Coin Tidy and I like it very, very much. The major functional differnce between the one I have now and the one I gave Roger is that the Coin Tidy has a cloth liner. I've read that sometimes raw leather can oxidize certain coins, or something like that. The Coin Tidy runs about the same price. You can find it on ebay by running an appropriately named search.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
I have a Jerry O'Connell Coin Carrier and a few Onosaka Style Coin Purses. The Purses are great to work out of.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Coin storage (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL