The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Harry Potter's Wand (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Quote:
On 2005-07-17 07:55, THEGREATSMILLINNI wrote:
HI GUYS AND GALS
LOSANDER HAS A LIMITED EDITION DANCING WIZARD WAND FOR $300.00
IN THE JULY ISSUE OF MAGIC MAGAZINE losandermac.com tel. 702 492-3535
A GREAT LOOKING PROP "SOME OF MY FRIENDS PURCHASED ONE! "THEY SAY IT
LOOKS GOOD AND WORKS GREAT"

Oh no! You have been hit with the "Caps Lock Curse"!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Just to add to what Necromancer said :
there are books published about the "mythological sources" that Rowling uses : "the sorcerer's companion" is a good example, as is the science of H.P."... Although some might argue that the novels are for kids (which they're not) , these two books undoubtedly can be a great source of inspiration for the bizarrist...
And Baba, I just KNEW you would change your mind quickly Smile . Sorry, bro... That was not what I meant...
aquariusmagic
View Profile
Regular user
England
122 Posts

Profile of aquariusmagic
Let it not be forgotten that as a youngster I watched Scooby Doo, the Addams Family etc. and they all helped inspire me to develop an interest in the bizarre. So possibly the same will be true of Harry Potter.

Wand wise, check out mine on my websites.

regards
Francis
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Anyone that actually wants one of these style wands should check out the Magic Juggler Shop here in ABQ. The url is http://www.magicjugglershop.com and they have a good amount of handmade, one of a kind wands that look like they came out of this movie. I don't know if they're listed on the site, but you can email the owner and have him send you some pictures and prices. They are very nice and all made from different woods and have different designs.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
My friend the wandmaker has his site up and running at last, so do check it out. He makes GORGEOUS wands --

http://www.FortressWands.com

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Why not just make your own: find a phoenix, get a tailfeather, the rest is a cakewalk.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Reminds me of that classic Steve Martin sketch...

HOW TO BECOME RICH

First, you get a million dollars....
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Harry potter wands suck...running away....
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
PETRIFICUS TOTALIS!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Make it yourself and build in magnets, LEDs, etc.

Wands for sale: http://magicnook.com/wands.htm

Or Do-It-Yourself instructions: http://magicnook.com/WizJournal/AUGtoc-B.htm

(see Feather Flight)
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
It was actually..."How to become a Millionare...first, get a million dollars. Then when the IRS asks how come you haven't paid taxes on it you say... I forgot "
Steve Martin rocks
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Jim Gerrish, as an owner of Losander's Dancing Broom I would like to know how to contact the link you privide about whether they have permission to duplicate his copyrighted broom. They don't provide contact info on the site that I can find.

If not, I will be passing the information on to Losander.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2005-09-17 10:57, Euangelion wrote:
Jim Gerrish, as an owner of Losander's Dancing Broom I would like to know how to contact the link you privide about whether they have permission to duplicate his copyrighted broom. They don't provide contact info on the site that I can find.

If not, I will be passing the information on to Losander.

It's not Jim Gerrish's site that has the Dancing Broom effect, it's mine. A broom is not subject to copyright... just the instructions written for the effect. The original Dancing Cane was invented by Hofzinser, Johann (1806-1875). The Dancing Cane as we know it today was popularized during the ninteen-fifties and sixties. I started doing the Dancing Broom in 1964 when I began my Wizard Magic transformation and long before Harry Potter was conceived. I performed it to a segment of Paul Dukas' Sorcerer's Apprentice. In 1998, after the first Harry Potter book was published, I dusted off the routine and redesigned it around the idea of actually flying on the broom, rather than just dancing with it. The copyright on my routine dates from 1998. I doubt if Losander's routine is anything like mine, but feel free to contact him and if he feels it is necessary, we can compare notes to see if there is any copyright infringement and who has prior rights.

Thanks for bringing my attention to the missing contact information on the Web page. It used to be at the bottom of every Web Page but in the last overhaul of the Web site, it inadvertantly got erased from some pages. It's back in place now.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
O.K. I am going to tip the secret of the "Harry Potter" wands.

Step 1: Learn how to do the common whipping (Rope tying technique)
Step 2: Get a gnarly but straight-ish 10-12" twig end
Step 3: Use some hemp rope or other natural looking fiber and tie a common whipping to the thick end of the twig end (Approx 4-6").

This is what a "Harry Potter" wand is.

As an aside. There are no real unicorns or phoenix.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Quote:
On 2005-09-18 00:22, Josh Riel wrote:
O.K. I am going to tip the secret of the "Harry Potter" wands.

Step 1: Learn how to do the common whipping (Rope tying technique)
Step 2: Get a gnarly but straight-ish 10-12" twig end
Step 3: Use some hemp rope or other natural looking fiber and tie a common whipping to the thick end of the twig end (Approx 4-6").

This is what a "Harry Potter" wand is.
As an aside. There are no real unicorns or phoenix.

Now see what you've done? The Ministry of Magic is going to "get you" for revealing secrets on a public forum. Especially the ones about unicorns and phoenixes.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I have just received my owl this morning. No Hogwarts this year for me. I will have to sit in the Leaky Cauldron with Hagrid and reminisce about the old times.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I will probably have to join you in the Leaky Cauldron. It looks like Euangelion is "out to get me" for not "prividing" a contact link for Spellbinder's site, even though it's posted all over the place. I think he's going to "tell" on me.

You can show me how to whip a Potter wand. The idea sounds better than Spellbinder's use of moulding compound, although the results won't be as elegant. I also like the "earthy" look of a twine-tied wand. Do you suppose we can hand tie a dancing broom, if Evangelion and Losander don't mind?
Brian Turntime
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of Brian Turntime
Quote:
Josh Riel: As an aside. There are no real unicorns or phoenix.
Feh.

Last time I was in Phoenix, I picked up a feather. I have a real Phoenix feather.
------

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died. - Steven Wright
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Harry Potter's Wand (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL