The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » "Die for sins" effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nelsonini
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of nelsonini
I don't know if anyone has thought of this, but you can do the "p*ddle move" with a small crucifix. I do a routine where Jesus is not on the cross, then I ask the audience to "throw" their sins toward the cross. Jesus appears on the cross to "die for the sins". I then pass my hand over and Jesus is off to heaven as the cross again appears empty.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Interesting thought friend.

One of the things I never liked much about the crucifix is that Christ is "stuck there". And we all know (Christians know) that He didn't stop at the Cross. He was crucified on the Cross, Died and was laid to rest in the tomb, but on the third day, He ascended into heaven to be with His Father.

You handling of the crucifix certainly allows us to illustrate that Truth.

Thanks for sharing it.

BoDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
One of my favorite things to do when I visit a new church is:
When I am in the pulpit, I turn look at and then point to the cross that is always behind the pulpit. I then turn and look at the congegation with a sly look and say:
"You know, THAT is the difference between Christians and other religions."
Dramatic pause
"I thank God daily that he died for me, but I am sooooo much more thankful that he lives for me, with me, and in me."
"Praise God the cross is empty"
dave.m
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of dave.m
I like this idea I wonder if you would mind if I make this and use it you could add to it by saying that jesus was then put in the tomb wraped in colth do this with the cross putting it in to a change bag then say but on the 3rd day he rose!! taking out just the colth but the cross has gone!!
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Good Idea
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » "Die for sins" effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL