The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Martini & Rossi on the rocks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
A guy in the office just said he could go for a Martini and Rossi on the rocks. I responded by singing the last two words of what I thought was a Martini and Rossi jingle from years ago. He looked at me like I had a cupcake on my head and said "what??" I said "you know from the jingle, Martini and Rossi on the rocks..."

He said there was never any such jingle. He's older than I am but I swear I remember this jingle. I must have been pretty young when I heard it, but I can remember it clearly. Am I crazy? Does anyone remember a jingle for Martini and Rossi? It went "Martini and Rossi on the rocks ___________"

Do you remember the last two words from this? Or am I just crazy, I didn't find anything on the net.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Yes Vandy you are correct. Martini & Rossi did have a jingle.
I don't remember the tune or the words but I do remember the tv and radio ads and the discusting taste of Martini & Rossi.
Here is a link that will at least prove to your friend that you are not crazy (at least as far as remembering Martini & Rossi had a jingle).

http://www.donblackman.com/don1.html

Hope this was of some help.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4159 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I remember it well: "Martini and Rossi on the rocks, say...yes..."

Mark
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
BINGO!!!!! Thank You Chessman!!!! You Da (chess)Man!!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
My co-worker said "I could use a Martini and Rossi on the rocks" I said "Say Yes" Streching out the yes like they did in the jingle. He thought I was nuts. I'm printing this page out. LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Martini & Rossi on the rocks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL