The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope is new again! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BJ Mallen
View Profile
New user
Colon, MI
37 Posts

Profile of BJ Mallen
We here at Abbott's are proud to announce that thanks to the efforts of Gabe Fajuri, all three volumes of Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope Magic have been combined and some new material has been added. The books should arrive here on the 20th and are going to retail at $50. If you like rope magic and haven't owned the Abbott Encyclopedia, it is time to get it. If you have owned a copy, now is time to update!

We'll see you August 3-4-5-6!

BJ Mallen
Abbott's Magic
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
That's great news! I have all three. Volume 2 was hard to get. Sign me up for one!

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
The new Encyclopedia is gorgeous! Well worth the price...
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Great piece of magic history and a valuable tool as well.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
I'm curious, is this materially different from the Dover Edition, or the same content in a brand new wrapper?
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
The Dover Edition only includes material from volume 1 even though it doesn't make any refence to being volume 1. This includes all three volumes.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
John Macmillan
View Profile
Loyal user
Vancouver, BC
226 Posts

Profile of John Macmillan
Quote:
On 2005-08-29 21:45, Jimmy Joza wrote:
The Dover Edition only includes material from volume 1 even though it doesn't make any refence to being volume 1. This includes all three volumes.

Jimmy

Jimmy, many thanks for the clarification...
PennyMagic4U
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of PennyMagic4U
Anybody bought it yet?

JCPENNY
Simply Magic
PennyMagic4U by Jerry Penny
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Your magic library shouldn't be without a copy. If you don't have this, you are missing a great book and some great stuff to do with rope(s).
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
JCPenny

I have the new version. It is a hugh collection of rope magic. I find a lot of overlap between Abbott's, Fulve's Self Working, and Daryl's Expert Rope Magic, but I am enjoying gleaning little tips from each, and combining them to make the effect I want. (yet Abbott's seems to have stuff not in the others).

My main complaint is that there is no index; it can take a long time reading thru the 10 pages of table of contents(organized by the type of effect) to find a particular effect! Ao, I scanned the pages, then OCR'd it, to get it into a searchable form, and then merged it with the descriptions available http://magicref.tripod.com/books.htm (the original Vol 1 only)

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
John
Are you saying that the original Abbotts Vol 1 has an index that works on the new encyclopedia?
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Al

I don't know if the vol 1 (Dover reprint has an index).

The index that I referred to came from the magicref site. That site lists the tricks from the Dover reprint. I believe that all of the effects from the Dover reprint are in the new book, but the pages are different.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Abbott's Encyclopedia of Rope is new again! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL