We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » What A Place! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
Greetings to all! Been a closet magician ever since I was a kid, saving up pocket money for packets of tricks found in departmental stores. Never had a Magic store in the neighbourhood where I grew up, so imagine me going ballistics when I visited Davenport's at Charing Cross.
I chanced upon this forum when I decided to do some research on a couple of effects I wanted to buy online ( learning to be a bit my money wise Smile ). I must say it has helped a lot. Reading the forums, it got me to sit down and think out a routine to work on (my interest is in impromptu, even though I started out w/ cards), I guess the next step from being a closet performer. Thanks y'all!
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
Welcome to the Magic Café!!! I can't wait to read some of your posts and replies.
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
Welcome! I'll warn you, it can be risky for your wallet here. We won't take your money, but you're bound to learn about even more items (books and videos included) that will tempt you. Hopefully you'll also be encouraged to step out of the closet and perform more often. Good luck, and we're glad to have you here with us.

Paul M.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Welcome Lawrenceng. Enjoy your stay and you will learn plenty here. Smile Smile
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Welcome - one thing about it, you can always ask and discuss before you invest your hard-earned money on magic props, books, DVD, etc. This is the place. Working things out, especially from books, is the best way to go. Otherwise, you'll end up like many of us with props you don't, won't, or can't use. But that's what keeps eBay and the magic club swapmeets going.
Best of luck with your magic. Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Welcome aboard, Lawrenceng.
Being isolated from magic shops and other magicians can sometimes be a benefit.
It makes you think for yourself.
And, for that matter, so will this place.
Enjoy!
Smile
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Hello!

Too bad you don't have a local magic store it make a lot of difference. Maybe you could start one up.......
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
Welcome to The Magic Café! Looking forward to your posts!

Cheers,
Rod Lages Smile
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2179 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Welcome !!!!
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
Magnus
View Profile
New user
Brazil
52 Posts

Profile of Magnus
Welcome to the Café! Smile
Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
Hey!!! Welcome to the magic Café! I'm very interested in reading your posts.
- Evan
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
Thanks for the warm welcome. Appreciate it.
Well, actually, Peter, I moved to Calgary Canada, about a year ago, and recently discovered there IS a magic store just round the corner..... "Vanishing rabbit" owned by Brent Smith. I am trying hard to focus on figuring out what I need to get before letting myself loose in his store. Smile
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
BlakeBlair
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny So. California
111 Posts

Profile of BlakeBlair
Welcome...

Enjoy your visit.. stay a while and feel free to ask if you need help.. This Café is a great resource...Everyone has made me feel welcome here, and I hope I can do the same for you...

Blake Blair
FuFanu.. Two Cards Torn & Restored...

Are You Ready ?! Its here !!
hawkbird
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of hawkbird
Welcome to the forum Calgary! It's good to hear you finally came out of the closet with your magic... Do you reckon you could go back in there and find me a tie ? Smile My intrest is in close-up to and walk around magic. Illusions etc... I hope you like it here and find helpful info to feed your desire for the art...This place is Coooool!!! Smile

Smile Don't worry folks this is my half sister..
explorer
View Profile
New user
California
49 Posts

Profile of explorer
One of the first things I did here was to ask for advice on books. I hope I can return the favors to others in the future.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Lawrence Smile Smile Smile
We are glad that you have joined us but let me remind you that coffee makes addiction so does the Café.Please have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill while you begin to type your next post.

Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » What A Place! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL