We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Slim Price/Howie Diddit/sanscan will soon be gone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Slim & Krista will be homeless.
About Aug 1st, we will abandon our apartment. We can no longer afford housing, due to my tiny pension. We have decided to live in the car, and just rove the US, so that I can show Krista this beautiful country that I love. We hope to (briefly) visit family and friends… We have very little itinerary, we’re just planning to be “Gypsies, and see what the future brings. The last few years, we’ve spent helping people in both the magic and sideshow community. If you care to help us, we would like addresses of those who know us and who we might help along the way. I still can weave a good story about the past, and still know a lot of the good old tricks and stunts.
The only firm plans we have, are to visit the CNE (and Scott/Kitty in Toronto, and to make, if possible, the SS Gathering.
Here’s the part that makes me feel like a Nigerian Spammer… We will take gifts if offered, but at this point we can only use cash, and invitations.
Sent to
Slim Price
121 E. Renette Ave, Apt 2
El Cajon, CA 92020
Phone (619) 442-9569
We will soon be off the ‘Net I think
I hope you know I love you all, the business, America and life…
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Alniner
View Profile
Loyal user
Burlington, ON, Canada
256 Posts

Profile of Alniner
Slim,

I don't have anywhere to put you up right now, expecting a baby so that has taken up our extra bedroom and monies right now. However, when you are in Toronto, give me a shout. It would be great to get together for drinks/meal. PM me any time.
Skål

--
Alan
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Babies are fun and they smell good even when they are stinky!
I have 10 grandchildren and 11 greatgrand children... I hope they find out what's causing it!
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Slim-
I am very sad to hear the news. You are a great mind and a kind soul. All of my best wishes go to you and Krista. Keep the magic alive and please do try to keep in touch when you can. I always enjoy reading your posts here. I want to thank you for EVERYTHING you've contributed to the Café. It's people like you that make it great here and a constant lerning experience. You are magical!
Be safe and I know things will work out.

Your friend in magic,
Ty Argo
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
If there is real magic, it's in the hearts of friends. Thank you all, for your comments... In my long, checkered life every lemon has turned into lemonade. Sometimes it happens right now, sometimes it takes a while, but it always happens.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Slim and Krista,

You'll be missed very much at the Café. If you and Krista make it to the West Coast of Canada you're welcome to stop at my place for a meal and a comfy bed for the night. Just a word of warning however..hope you don't have allergies as I have a housefull of critters but there's always room at the inn. :O)
I'll pm you my number

Chrystal
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2315 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hey, be sure to stop at public libraries around the country to use their internet services for free. Keep in contact with us!!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Slim, you're welcome to a hot meal when you're in whatever area we're living at the moment. We travel, due to Cherie's job, and are usually holed up in a motel or hotel. Currently, we'll be in Columbus, OH until August 22 or so, though I'll be laid up (surgery recovery) from 1 through 15 August. PM me for phone number so I don't forget!

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Best Wishes To You And Your Wife!
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
My prayers and best wishes will be with you friend.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
I shall hold up prayers as well.
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Best Wishes To You.....Pls. back to Café as soon as you can. we miss you. really miss you.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
My prayers are with you.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Going on the road is inevitable... My wife and I have struggled for at least a couple of years at well below poverty level in a sub-standard apartment, while my health has been deteriorating... Our life as it is is not going to get better.
I have talent and skills that can be preserved for a while longer, and shared...Thanks to forum members, and couple of others this is now possible, and the world's most beautiful country awaits... My wife is British and I want to share it with her before I die...I love her, and in other ways I love you all. Thank you for the caring you are showing. There will be a payback, I promise...
It was hard for me to ask, believe me, but I'm glad I did...
The only true magic is in your heart, something I've learned in 70 years of living.
Sorry if I sound maudlin, that's how it is...
Thank you..
Slim Price
sanscan@4dcomm.com
(619)442-9569
sanscan@tds.net

blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
As somebody said make sure you every so ofter go to a library and check in on us. I know that there will be some Howwies. Best of luck to your finances and health, and make sure you tell that to Krista. Thanks for mister Howwie Diddits, and good luck.

Tyler
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
GOOD LUCK.....
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
Good luck Sanscan!
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Slim Price/Howie Diddit/sanscan will soon be gone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL