The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Chris Kenner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rodney Massey
View Profile
Loyal user
pickering, ontario
231 Posts

Profile of Rodney Massey
Chris has a little staple bound book called Band Across the Globe. In it is a routine called the World's Greatest Rubber Band Trick. And I believe it is. Anybody read this?
Decoy
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Decoy
No discussing that around here. Smile
___-=Åçê=-___
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Hi Rodney,
I haven't read that one, in fact I haven't even heard of it. Any idea where to get hold of a copy?
I have Out of Control and regularly perform missing link which is superb. Can you give the details of "the worlds greatest rubber band trick"? The basic effect etc.
O.o.C Has to be my favourite magic book, do you have it? Do you know if Chris has any more stuff on the market?
Linkster Smile
maratekin
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of maratekin
As far as I know, "OOC/TOOC" and the manuscript that Rodney mentions are the only things out by Chris Kenner. Of course, he was the publisher of "Magic Man Examiner" as well. If I remember correctly, in the manuscript (called, I believe, "Band Across the Globe"), there were two effects - an early version of Missing Link and a boomerang band effect. I got a copy from Dan Garrett; I seem to recall seeing that it had been re-released recently.

Chris used to be a regular performer at Illusions in Carmel, Indiana before he joined Copperfield's team. Several of the Illusions guys hit it big - Chris, Homer Liwag (also with DC's team), and Mike Close.

Take care -

Mark
Rodney Massey
View Profile
Loyal user
pickering, ontario
231 Posts

Profile of Rodney Massey
The Worlds Greatest Rubber Band Trick is a linking band routine. the link is very visible. It looks great! and the boomerang band- man what a stunt!
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
The Boomerang band? Is that similar to the effect on the Dan Harlan video utilising the floor
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
If Dan shoots a band across the floor and it rolls back to him, then yes it's the same "effect."

Whether it's exactly the same *method* I don't know. All I know is that Chris' setup works for me.

David
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
where can I find the Kenner setup for the boomerang band?
I tried Harlan's but it doesnt work so well for me
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I believe I bought my Kenner booklet from Dan Garrett years ago. It came with the bands.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Does anyone know where you can now purchase any of Chris Kenner's effects? Smile
cat26
View Profile
Regular user
Manitoba, Canada
101 Posts

Profile of cat26
I'd say check with Dan Garrett. I believe that's where I got my copy of the boomerang band. It does work... I've had the band come back from about 15 ft. away. It takes a bit of practice, but is a great impromptu effect. Cheers....... Smile
Jamie Schoolcraft
View Profile
Regular user
Palmdale, CA
136 Posts

Profile of Jamie Schoolcraft
Check out his book Out of Control and look up the Missing Link. The only other thing that comes to mind is a routine shown to me by Micheal Weber at a lecture, can't discuss the method here but lets just say it was a verrrry clean ending.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Quote:
On 2002-10-23 07:20, Chris "linkster" Watson wrote: Do you know if Chris has any more stuff on the market?

I have an issue of The Magical Arts Journal in which Chis Kenner has a coin routine published. It's called "Four in the Hand Surprise". This publication is no longer being printed, unfortunately. As a matter of fact, Chris Kenner was the illustrator for this publication before getting invovled with David Copperfield and Company.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Mark Wood
View Profile
New user
Maidstone, Kent. United Kingdom
71 Posts

Profile of Mark Wood
Iam hoping that someone can help me find a copy of "Bands Across The Globe" by Chris Kenner. I realize that it's long out of print, but wondering if anyone can help. Please PM me.

THANKS
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Anyone know where to get a copy of this?
portellamagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of portellamagic
Ditto. There must be a few copies floating around somewhere. Anyone?
Nick Portella
DCURTHRABE
View Profile
New user
Burbank, IL
78 Posts

Profile of DCURTHRABE
Try Theory 11 for the boomerang band, it's called "Fancy Band" by Chris Kenner, hope this helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Chris Kenner (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL