We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Online Investing in Stocks with Sharebuilder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Does anybody have any comments about investing in stocks by using Sharebuilder? Sharebuilder's homepage is here:

http://www.sharebuilder.com/sharebuilder/Index.asp

Is this a wise thing to do? What kind of experiences has anybody had using this online service? Can one make some money doing this? Are there any hidden "catches"?

Thanks for your comments and input!
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I don't have any personal experience with Sharebuilder. However, when looking into discount brokers, I didn't care for them as they deal only in stocks and ETFs (exchange traded funds). I've decided I need mutual funds for my personal portfolio, so they don't work for me.

The $4/trade price doesn't sound too bad, but keep in mind that it doesn't apply to immediate orders or limit orders. At that price, you have to wait for the next Tuesday for your trade to be made with all the other "automatic orders", otherwise your cost per trade is $11.95 or more. Still, this isn't a bad idea, and I would like to see it catch on with other brokers.

Over at the Motley Fool, they have a great discount broker comparison chart. I recommend clicking the more info link on each broker, as well.
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Thanks, Scott, for the information and links!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Online Investing in Stocks with Sharebuilder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL