The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Show placement » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Dear Richard,
I have learned much from you regarding the five part show as written in Tarbell. How would you classify your ODDS, Solid Ghost and Change of Mind routines within this five part scheme. Moreover, How do you fit these routines in your repertoire. I know that they are not part of your official act from other posts and the DVD's.

Thanks so much for your virtual mentoring!

Love, Light and Blessings to you,

Michael

The Irreverent Rev. Rabbi DR. Michael R. Bilkis, MD, MSC, FAAD
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Michael,

I use all of those effects you mention in many differnt ways. Most are close-up. The five part show I speak so often of is about routining a stage show. That being said, when I do work close-up that sometimes almost develops into a sort of "mini-show' with many people standing around watching. When that happens, I do fall back into my "stage show perspective" and take that close-up show into that category. I would call ODDS a feature number that could be used in the 3rd place of the act. The Solid Ghost is one I use and have used often as a "closer" or "encore" effect much like the way I use the linking finger rings. Change of mind could fit very well into the 4th spot when I normally do my Thoughtscan. Since it is a mini mindreading routine, it would work well there.

I hope that all makes sense.

Richard
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Yes it does. thanks for all the help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2005 entrée: Richard Osterlind » » Show placement » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL