The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What props and/or tricks do you always carry? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Rubberbands for CMH, a pen for Re-capped, and an okito box with four half dollars in it. People can hear me coming from a mile away. I got coins that jingle jangle jingle!! Smile
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
OffTheGrid
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of OffTheGrid
Some half dollars and a chinese coin

A small stack of business cards for matrix. (I have no need for business cards - a friend prints these up for me with various patterns and logos on one side. Nice and visual for the matrix.)

Some string

Some billetts for doing Annemann stuff. (occasionally)
Abo Raum
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Abo Raum
A deck of cards, a sharpie and 2 rubberbands
cardsharpist
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of cardsharpist
2 decks of cards, one red and one blue.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
TT Smile
mshurina
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
9 Posts

Profile of mshurina
I will usually carry a TT, Deck of cards, Sharpie, and a spider pen. I will sometimes take more but leave it in my vehicle in case I get a large audience that wants to see more.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Always?

A TT, 6 half dollars, 1 English penny, a wrist full of rubber bands, my business cards and the Magician's Credit Card (because I forgot it was in my wallet). And being a hypnotist, I can ALWAYS do SOMETHING!

Usually?

Add 4 sponge balls, a small coin purse with a mismade bill and a second TT in it, a walnut, a deck of cards a small pad and a pen.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Deck of cards, db card, bf card, sharpie mini, 4 coins and a S****, money, a ball of wax, a loop. that's pretty regular for what I carry.
MKmagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MKmagic
I always carry the 5 and 1 dollar transposition from one of Ammar's
videos.
Sven Heubes
View Profile
New user
Duesseldorf, Germany
59 Posts

Profile of Sven Heubes
I don't like to carry around to much stuff, but since I moved more into the mental performance, I always have "Gaucis' Eye To Eye" with me (packs small plays big) as a nice opener to a spontaneous mental-show-off. By the way I never use the medallion but a m******* coin, a swami is also fine (love Lincolns best boon) Mostly I also wear a loop around my wrist. Rest is PK-touch stuff and improvisation. For "normal" magic I like to have a bite-coin, a jumbo-coin and perhaps a ringflite...

greetz
If you were half as good as you think you are, you would be double as good as you think you are...

Dai Vernon
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Let me tell all of you that if you prefom the bite coin effect you need to check out Precision Magics bite coin plus!! The cut is invisible this is a awsome gaff coin. Go check it out at http://www.precisionmagic.com
Sven Heubes
View Profile
New user
Duesseldorf, Germany
59 Posts

Profile of Sven Heubes
Thanx Jeremy, but I'm from Germany and we have EURO's over here. So I'm very pleased, that at the end there's TANGO-MAGIC from Argentina. They make beautiful coins. Especially the EURO coins are pretty difficult to manufacture, because they're made of 2 different metals...

Greetz, Sven
If you were half as good as you think you are, you would be double as good as you think you are...

Dai Vernon
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I carry The Preadator Wallet filled with 3 effect....my takes Psycho Killer, Free Will and my own effect OBITUARY and also I carry my Stealth Assasin Wallet aside from the peek, its filled with 4 effect....my takes Luke jermay projected personality, Heirloom, my takes on Shortlist and Kenton Knepper the Secrets...I also carry with me My Electric Touch....and 3 little Rubber Baloon that wraped in aluminium Foiled for one time used only made by Durex Magic Company
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
Why do you carry a deck of cards with you?
Why do you carry rubberbands in your wallet for??
Why do you have a sharpie with u??
Why do you have sponge balls in your pocket???

I think the only impromptu effects that you can do are with
1. Bills
2. Coins
3. Pens
4. Cigarettes
5. Lighters
7. Mobile phones
8. Ring
9. Your wallet (regardless if it's a gimmicked thought transmitter or whatever)
10.Business cards

It's more appropriate in a way, or more justified carrying those things with you as they are things you carry with you everyday (unless you don't smoke). Why would someone display 2 red balls made of sponge and say "Now, for my next trick..."

Or if you're on a table, or a restaurant, then displaying the things from that place, such as napkins, straws, cups..etc will be justified.

PS : I know 'justified' is not the right word, but I can't think of any. And there are many school of thoughts regarding "Impromptu", but my post is based on impromptu where you perform with seemingly everyday object, instead of bringing a deck of cards to the cinema where it doesn't make sense and perform an "impromptu" card effect.
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Kadz, I totally, wholeheartedly agree! You forgot wrist watch and necklace though.

The only thing I appear to carry that is remotely suspicious is a Sharpie. I broke down and started using a Sharpie as it is the only way to sign a coin, it looks better than pen for signed bill effects, and I can swap it out for The Xpert or the Sharpie through bill and no one's the wiser.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
Oops, thanks CasualSoul. Okay, so far I can only think of these 12 objects that are with most of us everywhere we go (with the help of CAsualSoul). Under each object, let's think of what effects we can perform, shall we? I'm listing all that I can think of, but I am not an encyclopedia, so if any of you think there is something to add, please do!

1. Bills
- Bill switch, Andrew Mayne's Ghostbill, Suspended bill between 2 cups (if at restaurant)

2. Coins
- Let's not get into coins, there are too many coin effects out there

3. Pens
- Recap, pen thru coin

4. Cigarettes
- Vanishing cigarette, Cigarette manipulations

5. Lighters
- using the paddle move (Jean Bertrunc's No Smoking)

7. Mobile phones
- a sms prediction, Andrew Mayne's GhostVision

8. Ring
- Ring thru rubberband (Pinnacle, ROC..etc), Ring to keychain poch (Ring Flite..etc), Ring to necklace (Northbound)

9. Your wallet (regardless if it's a gimmicked thought transmitter or whatever)
- Mind reading (thought transmitter), Flaming wallet, Card to wallet (if you do cards that time)

10.Business cards
- Wayne Houchin's Stigmata, or all those card effects (most business card effects are similar to card effects, only difference is the usage of business cards instead of Bicycle playing cards, don't you think?)

11.Wrist watch
- Time Machine, Coin under wrist watch, Watch stealing

12.Necklace
- Ring to necklace (Northbound)

At the dinner table
1. Napkin
- Torn & restored napkin, vanishing napkin, Starcle (Dan Harlan)

2. Salt, sugar
- Vanishing & reappearing salt/sugar, Prediction effect using sugar packets (Tom Mullica)

3. Straws
- Torn & Restored Straw wrapper, penetrating straws (like Crazy Man's Handcuffs), melting straw (one of the effects in Penguin Magic)

4. Spoons/Forks
- Spoon bending, twisting the head of the spoon (David Williamson)

5. Cups/glasses
- Cups & balls (using sugar cubes/packets as the balls), classic glass thru table (covered by napkin)
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
Rubber bands, cards , tt and small silk
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
5 to 1 transpo, 2 dollar window, TT and small silk, "Greed" and a .50 piece, and a small pair of folding scissors to cut a hole in my business card big enough to put my head thru.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Absolutely never, EVER leave home without at least one TT. It usually has either a silk tucked into it or a folded ten or a folded mis-made bill so that I can borrow a one and do a bill switch...seemingly on the spur of the moment.

I've also almost always got some kind of paddle trick on me and Sankey's Holy Moly. Most places I go, I carry a little nylon pouch that snaps onto my belt. In it is a plethora of items and props...rubber bands, TT, Hot Rod, Cigarette thru Coin, Hopping Halfs, CoinUnique, Michael Mode's NUN None!...all kinds of goodies. But the first "rule of thumb" is: NEVER leave home without a TT! I don't go out to the mailbox without one! ...I do, however, shower without one and mow the lawn without one. Other than that...I've always got one!
vance2276
View Profile
New user
Montana
72 Posts

Profile of vance2276
Quote:

But the first "rule of thumb" is: NEVER leave home without a TT! I don't go out to the mailbox without one! ...I do, however, shower without one and mow the lawn without one. Other than that...I've always got one!

Thanks for the mental image. That will take some therapy to erase.

Anyway, great suggestions here. If you have your wallet, a couple of coins in your pocket, and a deck of cards, you can do an hour show if you needed to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » What props and/or tricks do you always carry? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL