The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fernando Keops (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
superdave101
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of superdave101
Last weekend I bought the 3 DVD set of Fernando Keops, and I am impressed with his art of handling cards.
I did not know that Fernando is from Mexico City, I never heard of any Mexican Magicians.
He is a great Teacher, I highly recomend it
Vol 1 He shows Second deal,Double push off,Stud second deal,Bottom deal,Center deal
Fake cuts, Hand Mucking and much more.
Vol 2 He shows routines using the techniques
Vol 3 He show coin routines.

I really love those DVD's
I plan to buy other DVD's of gambling techniques and routines, I heard that Darwin Ortiz is also an expert on gambling effects.
I will appreciate any suggestions.
Also I'm interested in Allan Ackerman's set of DVD's.
I will appreciate your comments or suggestions
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
333 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
Is this some kind of an openning for a trick for magician?..

About the false deals-I think that Allan Ackerman's vol 2(false deals) is great.

Much more than Daryl's encyclopedia.

But I have never used a center deal.Only seconds and bottom.
And with theose 2 you can preform the so called miracle:
"Any card at any Number"

Roi
exohordon
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of exohordon
Check out Martin Nash's Dvds.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16262 Posts

Profile of tommy
I understand that he teaches estimation techniques on one of these. I know about Marlos ideas on it from RCT. What does Fernando teach in the repect of estimation exactly.

Tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1952 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I have his masterclass dvd, and he does his seconds with both hands...
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
This guy is a bod looking
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Ruijorge, I think he is a magician not a model........
Bizarrist
View Profile
Loyal user
The Man of Mystery
236 Posts

Profile of Bizarrist
Thanks for the info SuperDave. I've also enjoyed
The Magic of Jack Carpenter Vol. 2 video. And would
recommend all of Ortiz's material.

S.W.
The Most Beautiful Experience We Can Have is the Mysterious.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1806 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I will have to disagree... I didn't like these tapes at all. They are way overhyped in my opinion and so is mr Keops skills.

The first tape is mainly demonstration of gambling moves. Keops uses bee deck that forgives some faults in his tegniques because later when he uses bordered deck many moves aren't very deceptive at all. Keops does quite well job with sencond and bottom deal and with hand mucking but sadly that's about it... His riffle stacking is horrible, He doesn't have a clue how to obtain breiks or do even simple double lift Smile You can see the the hands coming together to back thump count breiks many many times in these tapes without any kind of motivation. Also Getting into moves is very obious too many times...

The second tape was card magic with gambling moves. There wasnt any really good routine that I would like to learn. Mainly they were just basic effects anyone would do if he has decent skills or false dealing. Maybe these will fly by lazy laymen and L&L studio audience, but in real world many times people would suspect you did something if you used the moves at the same time as Keops uses them. Also the lot hyped estimation routine is basically just variation of Ed Marlos estimation aces with few twists. There really isn't any real estimation involved. Actually there was talk about estimation in these tapes and Keops estimation demos are pretty much thumb counting and passing demos, and very far away from real estimation Smile

3rd tape was close up magic and I didn't enjoy it at all... mainly I remember some very bad card tricks and versions of chink a chink, coins thru table and coins acrosss and so on. These routines also allmost all had phases where I really thought Keops tryes to create John Ramsay style faints to make people suspect he did something and then show he didn't do anything. I was wrong... Keops does use moves at those times Smile Also his tegnical ability is very unimpressive especially with coins. I havent seen so bad classic palm and supposed false transfers in long long time...

I don't like to say bad things about products, but I feel that I must say my honest opinion about these tapes. Keops might be master card man and tegnician, but it cant be seen on these tapes. At least if you have seen masters like Forte, Ortiz, Carpenter, Swain or any other gambling oriented magician perform. I wouldnt spend my money on these. Worst tapes L&L has put out in a long long time... Smile

Juha
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Fernando Keops L&L DVD's are horrible. The mossssssst boring tapes in a long time.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Yes, they are not what I expected! The gambling/cheating techniques are mediocre, the tricks just the same! A pity, that I have spent my money on this.....
Abiloko
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
55 Posts

Profile of Abiloko
The poker classification is "easy" (if you work well) to do and gets the money of the tapes.
If the technical ability with coins of Mr. Keops is "bad", maybe
95 % of the magicians and amateurs (with the exception of Mr. Roth, Mr. Dill, and other good ones) then we don't have technique¡¡¡ If you search and introduction to gambling techniques and his applications in magic, they are intesting tapes, for the begginers and for all person intested in magic. Always it's possible to learn something new, and Mr. Keops is a good teacher. Regards.
Best is yet to come ¡¡¡
Nikodini
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Nikodini
This is a good set of tapes. If you're an amateur magician, or an intermediate card mechanic, these tapes will definitely improve your card handling skills. Ortiz tapes don't compare to these since Ortiz doesn't teach anyting on his gambling tapes. If you want to learn seconds, bottoms, center deal, mucking etc, GET THIS TAPE! It will save you years of messing around with sub-par material. Keops doesn't hold anything back (like most of the magicians in gambking videos) and some of his tips are priceless. He will teach you the Vernon & Miller handling of card sleights (he was a student of both).

If you're looking for trick tapes, these are not it. Tricks are easy once you can do all the sleights.

I rate this series 4.5/5
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I had a chance to watch these DVDs this weekend at a friend's house. My friend was very disappointed with his purchase, and I have to say I was not impressed with Fernando Keopps.

I saw him perform at a magic convention in the early 80's, and didn't think much of him then. But I saw some of the good reviews his L&L series was getting, so I thought maybe he had improved. Sadly, he is still very boring, IMHO.

This is off the subject, but I thought his website was quite bizarre. I'm not sure if it's just a personal site or if he uses it to attract clients, but some of the things he has there are very questionable. Real turn offs.

Ron
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
The dvds are boring but the teaching is good. You do get to learn from the dvds even if you didn't like the performance.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4996 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
He received high Marks from Dai Vernon for his skills.
~Joe
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1806 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Also, what right has he advertise himself as WORLD CHAMPION OF MAGIC?!?!? Only FISM winners can use that title and I didn't find any clue that Keops has ever even been at prices on FISM or won....

Also little off topic but many other performers do this as well. Like Peter marvey and Jean Pierre Vallarino for instance. Marvey was 2nd, not a winner, Vallarino was 3rd.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1952 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I thought Marvey placed first?? this is what john ritter said while introducing him during the worlds greates magic tv show..he called him world champion in the category of manipulation... does anyone have a complete list of previous winners?? It allways seems like the winners are not exactly what we picture... I have an old video of a magician named aurellio paviatto and he was fism champ in 82' and his coin routine was pretty mediocre... I think being a fism champ is not as great as it used to be... I kinda stopped caring after daryl won with his ambitous card routine... I think his name counted more than the routine.. just my 2 cents
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
Daryl didn't win because he was well known. He became well known because he won. Remeber - it was 24 years ago he won at FISM, and while he certanly was appreciated for his skills before that, his rise to being "the magicians magician" didn't occur until after.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Fernando Keops (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL