The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Zombie to dove anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Is there a way that at the end of a zombie routien can I change the zombie ball into a dove?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7435 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Sure but it will be difficult. First you have to figure out how to get rid of the zombie and gimmick. Then you have to figure out how and where to get the dove.

For on that idea and then drop me a pm and we can talk further as this is not something for open forum.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22858 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The balloon to dove try would work for this effect. You may have to do some adjusting but it would work. The gloves to dove try would work also.

Contact Abbott's magic and they can custom make you a try or buy the trick and adjust it. http://www.stoners.com have a nice version of this also, if you want to do it yourself.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Would a tail pocket from gen grant work for this?i could vanish it then I could do a steal.would that work?
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
After ditching the ball in a tail or receptacle(check out General Grant and or Christopher Hart's zombie routines) tap the gimmick against the folard to show that the ball is still behind the folard. Do this as you hold the foldard to the side so your hand can hook a loop of an Inivisble Harness. Figure out the rest with your video camera. The more time you spend experimenting the better it will look. Good Luck.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Similar to Countage's technique, you can ditch the ball the way Lance Burton or Melinda did: drop in the box, then use the foular to produce the dove.
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
I used to do a zombie rubber dove, then changed it to a real dove at the end. I used a foulard similar to a devil's hank (but the hidden pocket is in the middle of one of the edges of the foulard, not the corner) It had a zipper to hide a dove inside, and during one of the moves of "zombie-ing" I would secretly unzip the zipper. Then, with the rubber dove on top of the foulard, I would drop the rubber dove down behind it, while bringing my hands together to open the pocket, releasing the real dove... the change was instantaneous, and the flapping real dove is plenty of misdirection to ditch the zombie...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Zombie to dove anyone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL