The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Requirment for sound system :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Guys

Need an advice from everyone here.

I need the following Highest Quality Portable sound system..not sure if Nardy, Anchor or Fender can fill the bill, I am wiling to pay up to US$2000 exclude shipping. seen many...but not sure if a 12 volT lead acid can run with it.

I need:

A) PORTABLE SYSTEM- To run on 12v Lead acid car battery ONLY & option for AC plug.

B) Included build in CD player

C) Include 2 high quality wireless UHF HANDHELD WIRELESS Mic ONLY (WIRELESS MIC ONLY)

D) Easily transportable with wheels & handle

E) One speaker is ok...WITH 2 IS EVEN BETTER!

F) Easy to use

G) Mostly used for birthday party...but also can be used for outdoor events....hence I don't mind a little heavier...but a ALL in one system that can be used for 2o kids UP to 600 audience....

H) SIMPLE to use.

I) BEST SOUND & QUALITY

I am looking st the foolowing from Anchor...not sure if runs on 12volt lead acid battery ..any advise on this http://www.anchoraudio.com/beacon.php

Thanks
JY

Forget to add on:

A) A build in recharge battery with charger if possible... Smile
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
JY,
Obviously, you've put a lot of thought into this! At some point, you'll need to prioritize your list.

For example, "best sound and quality" speakers do not have built-in accommodation for 12V, and do not include built-in CD or wireless. I imagine you'll need to find out which systems have the features you want, and then, from that list of products, pick the one that sounds best to you.

Remember that "best" is, in part, a subjective term when it comes to sound quality. Most "professional" systems do sound better than almost every "music store" system, but, when choosing within one of those two groups, part of the choice comes down to a matter of taste. It is also helpful to match the speaker's distance & dispersion characteristics (among other things) to the venue(s).

Anyway, JY, reading over my previous paragraphs, I sound like a pro audio snob, but "them's the facts". I still think that the best approach for you would be to find out which systems have the features you want, and then, from that list of products, pick the one that sounds best to you.

I hope this helps, JY!
Dan.
Dan McLean Jr
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Joe,

The system you are looking at mentions enough sound to "cover the area of a football field." I think this might be overkill for a birthday party!

I don't think you'll find a single system that is suitable for audiences of "20 kids upto 600."

If your budget is $2,000 you can easily afford to get two systems that will serve their individual purposes better than one system that serves neither well.

Check this thread for more info:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......1&21

Best,
James
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
You should have someone custom build your system.
they can make it to your specifications easily.
there are a lot of kids who like to put their
own car stereos in who make their own speakers
to everything who could do this easily. I have
had friends who done really great work at
doing everything, including building their
own speakers. then you'll get what you want
exactly and you'll also be happier and you
can take or add anything that works or doesn't.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi:)

Thanks for the reply..deeply apprecited~! Smile

Yes, I did have a custom build system now with Flordia Magic System with several build in features...but I need more powerful & & punch system...... something with the above requirement...hence I am wondering if the system from all in one system from Nardy OR http://www.anchoraudio.com/beacon.php can do the job... Smile

Thanks Smile
doveboy
MagicMikeMartin
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of MagicMikeMartin
I noticed that this was an older posting, but just wanted to put in my two cents....the Anchor an-1000x sounds really great and is rated up to 400 people. I do not own the unit, but saw a lecture where Fred Moore was using it.

I am currently looking myself, and can appreciate the need to have a one size fits most performances. Since audio gear is expensive, it would be great to have one unit, instead of multiple sets.

Does anyone have a current recommendation for the above request?
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I own and use a PASO ProCast 50, and have been very satisfied with its quality and durability. It does run AC/DC and has an internal 12 volt sealed 3Ahr lead-acid battery, and also has the capacity to handle two wireless mics and an optional built-in CD player. It would be great for birthday parties, small audiences up to about 50 people outside and perhaps 75 people inside. The built-in CD player is pricey (about $250); my suggestion would be to buy a 4GB MP3 player (about $75 or less) and plug it into the AUX input with a $6 Radio Shack patch cord instead.

This is a 30-watt system (although it is rated 50 watts peak power, which is accurate but not realistic). PASO also makes a true 50-watt system, click HERE for details; which it touts as a 100-watt system, again technically accurate but not realistic.

I have used the Anchor AN-130, which is also a wireless 30-watt system, but it is AC-only. I was not impressed, I still liked the PASO better (much more punch and better sound quality, in my opinion). The Anchor AN-1000X is a 50-watt system but is also AC-only and has no built-in wireless receiver, either.

I like the suggestion of getting two sound systems, one for smaller venues (the PASO or similar) and one for larger venues (probably a Fender Passport or similar). Why lug around a big, heavy PA system if you don't need it?

In any event, whatever you get will likely run rings around the Florida Magic system you are working with now. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
I use an Anchor Explorer pro and I like it very much (both batter and AC, wireless etc. Anchor products are great and come with a 6 year warranty. If you ever need to get it repaired, they'll ship it to you the same way you shipped it to them!

Another that might be worth checking out is the Galaxy AnySpot Traveler. It has everything you want at a reasonable price. I've never used it but I've heard it compared to anchor products many times.
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
P.S.

The absolute best deal on Anchor stuff is AVAlive http://www.avalive.com/ I've dealt with them on several occasions and am very happy. Be sure to 'click for a better price' when shopping.

P.P.S. the AN-130 is good quality but only suitable for small groups.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Yes, the Anchor Explorer Pro does look nice, with both AC and DC operation, rechargeable battery, and you can get it with two wireless receivers. At 23 pounds, it's fairly lightweight as well.

There's one thing in the Explorer specs that puzzles me. It says it's 60 watts in AC operation and 30 watts in DC operation. How does that work exactly, and why is that so? SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Requirment for sound system :) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL