The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Problems with D'Lites? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NealCoffey
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
28 Posts

Profile of NealCoffey
Okay, so I picked up a pair of d'lites (blue ones) about a week ago, as they looked like they'd be fun to try some things with. One of the two had a switch that was a little harder to activate than the other, but it just took a little fooling around to get used to the pressure needed. After about an hour of playing around with them in the mirror, one of the pair broke. I couldn't see anything that should stop it from working, so I sent them them back, and got a red pair this time.

Well, with the red pair, one of them takes a lot more pressure to work than the other does. I fixed it by adding some thickness to the switch, but I find it odd that twice now I've gotten one good one, and one that's slightly "off".

Is this common? Or just the luck of the draw?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Probably the luck of the draw, all the sets I've bought work well and and pressure is pretty even between them.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Scottjb197
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Scottjb197
I've got the same problem with one of mine needing more pressure,took a little bit of getting used to but I just make sure that one is in my dominant hand.
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
I have a pair of the "Old School" D'lites that do not have the big chunck of plastic between the battery switch and your thumb...They are a lot easier to work than the ones you are speaking of. I have tried several, and even though the ones you are talking about look better. THe others make for easier usage in my opinion.
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

I've owned several sets of of d'lites and some worked great and others faltered like you described. I think the little wire is easily bent or can become disconnected. I even went as far as going to Radio Shack to try to fix a couple pairs, which was quite hilarious as I wouldn't/couldn't say what it was I was trying to do to the salesperson. Just had to look for the items myself. The good thing is they are not expensive so easily replaceable. I usually buy a couple pairs at the same time as Murphy's Law dictates one never burns out the same time as the other.

Chrystal
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I've actually taken the mechanism part out of the TT to re-adjust it cause I didn't like the way it worked when I got it, however, it is very hard to do with the glue/putty sticking to the TT. You will probably mess it up alittle bit, but once it's out you can adjust it to fit your preference.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Quote:
On 2005-07-20 22:01, photius wrote:
Probably the luck of the draw, all the sets I've bought work well and and pressure is pretty even between them.

That's also my experience.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
NealCoffey
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
28 Posts

Profile of NealCoffey
Well, I guess experiences with these are just as varied as with anything else. My little bandaid fix with my pair is holding up, so I'll chalk up my intial experience to luck, and see how well these ones hold out.

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences with me. At least I know I'm not the only one. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Problems with D'Lites? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL