The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Does Harlan's "My Word" actually fool laymen? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6539 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Yes. I have no problems with a card magician using a brand new deck or a coin guy bringing out shiny coins... that's like your father taking care of his tools. But when it comes to something like a book test, it's suppose to represent something we all have and use in life. People don't put their books in plastic bags and seal them up for protection... unless they're a first edition of some classic novel. No, people read on the toilet, throw books into their bags as they rush out, stuff their bookshelves tight, sometimes use them as a coaster, etc. In life, we don't treat books like they are $300... especially paperbacks. I do see some taking more care of a hardcover book, but still not to the level that some treat their fantastic new book test book.

End of extended rant.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
124 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
Great points Greg. I don't own tons of book tests but the few I do have are really battered up, sometimes unintentionally. One book shared a bag with my flask of coffee and the flask decided to leak. It's fine. It looks like it's been used. I also managed to get a local library to stamp them up with various dates and their library stamp. You could even use these dates within a performance, although I've never played around with it.
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
247 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
Greg - you've always had amazing advice, and your posts in this thread are pure gold!

Nothing to add... except that I hope everyone reads this.
Joe Skilton
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6539 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2021, Joe S. wrote:
Greg - you've always had amazing advice, and your posts in this thread are pure gold!

Nothing to add... except that I hope everyone reads this.

Well, thanks. Like I said, it's just been a pet peeve of mine when I see someone treat their book test like it came out of the Ark of the Covenant.
Smile
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Does Harlan's "My Word" actually fool laymen? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL