We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Contrary to popular belief...I'm not crazy. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Here is an amazing story that I know is true.

(It was NOT snowing at this time.)

Back in the mid 80's a man driving from Wichita, Kansas to Tucon Arizona decided to take a short cut that was through the mountains. This short cut was closed for the WINTER beacuse it was almost impossible to drive throught. About half-way through he got stuck. There was nothing he could do and was certain to die a cold and miserable death. Then a car came. A yellow Volkswagon (which are VERY good in the snow and ice.). He stopped and offered to help the man. The man got in the car and said "Okay. Thanks! You push and all try the engine. But if I get the car started I won't stop in case we can't get it restarted. So thank you." The Volkswagon man said okay and pushed. The man tried the engin and it started. He thought "wow this is great. I'll just follow the tracks from the Volkswagon.". But there where no tracks.........he looked back..........there was no Volkswagon.

This story was told to me by my dad who once in the mid 80's took a closed short cut to get to his mom's house in Tucon.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Nice story. Most people would say that this is an urban legend but I won't say that. Your Father say's it happened to him and you believe him, well so do I.

Several times in my life I have traveled a distance that would take some time to travel but did it in what seemed to be only seconds.
One of the episodes happened when I had a friend with me and we both just looked at each other and wondered at what just happened and laughed.

My point is, wierd things happen to all of us at one time or another and because of this I am not so quick to shrug it off as an overactive imagination or just plain story telling.

Are you crazy? Maybe, Maybe Not.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Insanity might be wearing the same socks expecting it to happen again, even when the socks start getting dirty.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
That was my uncle's Volkswagon.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
blazes816
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, Kansas
522 Posts

Profile of blazes816
Quote:
On 2005-07-22 18:21, Patrick Differ wrote:
That was my uncle's Volkswagon.

Right....
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Im sure things like htat have happened before there is usually an explanation before.... not always
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Blazes816
I would never kid around about something as serious as this.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
Cool story! Lots of weird things seem to happen in remote locations.
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
Cholly, by golly. What a great username. And a fascinating signature. Looks like one to offer to the Puzzle Me This section. Lots of code breaking going on there at present.
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2005-07-22 08:07, irossall wrote:
Several times in my life I have traveled a distance that would take some time to travel but did it in what seemed to be only seconds.

More details please. What kind of distances are we talking, and in how short a time? Have any of the times been verified, or just subjectively experienced?

I remember reading that some Indian mystics have claimed to have this power (source: Jadoo by John Keel).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I've had a few very weird things happen to me over the years, here's one....

I was living a life of decadence (it was the very early 90's) anyways I was living in Tuscon Az. and had gone to a party a couple hundred miles away in another strange town, I was the stranger, got in a fight with the town bully and won, got his girlfriend for the night and the next day blew town.

While at 6 o'clock in the morning hitchhiking back to Tuscon, (remember this was the desert my friends, I had no water, money or food) I knew I could be in for some perilous times, but I took my chances. Two cars sped past me, my thumb was going nowhere and me with it.

I then decided to pray for a safe trip home, I looked out over the desert in the early morning light and prayed. It was one of the very first real prayers I had ever said. I prayed for no psycho, rapists, murderers, or anything else I didn't want to deal with, God knows at that point I had already dealt with it enough. I prayed I'd run into some decent people who'd help me get home to my fiance and daughter.

Anyways after I prayed one car went past me...moments later he came back, staring at me the whole time and driving kinda slow. Now I'm thinking God must not have been listening, but I brushed it off.

A couple mins later he came back again...now I'm thinking the worst. He pulls over opens the passenger side door and say's..."Jesus told me to pick you up!" That just blew mister Doubting Thomas away I'll tell ya that! Well he happened to be a great guy and a Christian to boot.

He explained things about Christianity to me that I never knew, prayed for me, took me to his parents house fed me, we played guitar and then this complete stranger gives me a ride all the way to my front door in Tuscon. This guy went well out of his way for somebody who in his eyes and my own was a lost soul in need of redemption and forgivness. I never saw the guy again, but after that experience I started doing what I could for others in need.

I've also experienced missing time and seen U.F.O.'s....but that's another story! Smile

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Contrary to popular belief...I'm not crazy. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL