The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Color Changing Ties (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of smacks183
Hello: I am looking for a color changing tie. I am aware of a few versions and wondering if anyone can comment on either of these. There is the newly released version as found at hocus-pocus. There is a demo available. (not sure if I like this one). There is also the Rich Marotta version. I have never seen a demo and was wondering what this looks like and also if a suit jacket would have to be worn. the problem, in my opinion, is that Rich's orginal has a design that I would not wear. However, for a considerable more amount of money, there is an updated version here: http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/Mercha......ry_Code= with some nice looking ties. thanks!!
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
The effect was created by Rich Marotta. He sells a nice version, but not very top end in material. He authorized Lynetta Welch to make her much nicer and better-looking ties.

If you like the trick, I would go for Lynetta's version.

Any other versions out there are possible knock offs, and I wouldn't touch them.
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Can anyone compare? I have on of riches old (and now unwearable) ties. I used afew times in my youth. What are the restrictions of this and the hocus pocus versions.

What about durability?
Frank
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hi there, I currently own and use Lynettas in my manip act. I have had it for about 3 years and has gone through a lot of performences. It is very durable and looks great on stage and I am sure a few of you out there have seen my act can back me up that the tie looks great.I highly recommend hers. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I just checked out Rich Marotta web site and he is no longer posting the videos and tricks. Maybe I found the wrong site, anyway, I have used Rich's CC tie for some time and like it very much. All you do is pass both hands over the tie from the knot to the tip. I guess you would not have to wear a jacket with it. I always wear a suit to my shows, but I guess you would not have to.

As for the quality of the originals, I like them very much. They look and feel like silk and were the correct with for the time they hit the market. I was lucky and got a tie that matched my olive suit perfectly.

The one on Hocus-Pocus you have to cover the tie with the coat. This is not necessary with the Rich Marotta version.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Color Changing Ties (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL