The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Harry Potter 6 (Don't worry, No Spoilers) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27237 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Let me put this more concisely for the less active readers. Surprises are valuable, and messing with those surprises can tick people off.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I revealed nothing. Smile

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Just noticed this threat. I didn't like number 6 as much as some of the others, I would rate it as 3rd or 4th best. Maybe it is because I read it in one sitting, who knows. It didn't feel like a magical book as much as a teen age drama book.

Gideon
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27237 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I wondered about the green glow on the cover. Then I wondered about where the story is going. I found it a real page turner and now have a long wait till the next book is published.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
saxmangeoff
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, ID, USA
353 Posts

Profile of saxmangeoff
I enjoyed number 6. As a stand-alone story, it might not be much, but it's a real page-turner because of how it fits into the entire 7-book saga. More questions than answers in book 6, which makes it all the more fun, and, as Jonathan says, makes the wait for book 7 all the longer.

Geoff
"You must practice your material until it becomes boring, then practice it until it becomes beautiful." -- Bill Palmer
Mad Mat
View Profile
New user
Norwich, Norfolk, England
90 Posts

Profile of Mad Mat
I think that the 5th book was by far the worst book. This new one was a little boring at times when they went into the memories, but it explained a lot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Harry Potter 6 (Don't worry, No Spoilers) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL