The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Need help with fake head (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
Am looking for ways to make a fake head/ mask for an illusion I have in mind. Who can I contact to make one , or is this something I can do myself. It needs to be exact, or at least look that way from stage.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
The compleat sculptor (sculpt.com) has all the materials you need and I think books and videos on how to do it.
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Does the head have to resemble you or can it be any head?
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
It needs to be my head a complete duplicate. I know it involves casting and all that but am just unsure of the complete process, or if there is someone wo does this and what are normal fees for having it done.
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I noticed on Magic Auction that someone was selling extremely realistic fake heads. They mentioned that they were made by Mike Barnett/ Hollywood. Maybe you could contact him. You can see his work under stage assesories on Magic Auction.
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Hello, rob!
contact Ron Stefaniuk at Stefaniuk FX Studio, http://www.steffx.com. He's the real deal, and is also a magician.
Dan.
Dan McLean Jr
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
Thanks Dan, appreciate it a lot
croman
View Profile
New user
usa
64 Posts

Profile of croman
Hey magicmanrob, http://www.hottrix.com/ has a nice fake hand,I don't know if you need just the hand or the whole arm with the hand.Hot Trix has just the hand.
magicmanrob
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of magicmanrob
What I need is a fake head that matches the performer for an illusion, an exact replica
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
I am a special Effects Artist for Film and TV as well as a performer myself. I would suggest looking in your area for People who dabble in Special Effects as opposed to trying to do it your self. The cost would depend on how experienced the person doing it is and what you want the head to be made out of and how detailed you want it (it can get pretty time intensive if you want the hair punched in to resemble your hair line). For realism and durability - I would suggest a silicone head as opposed to latex or foam latex.
You can check at http://www.themonsterlab.com as well and put in a request for someone in your area.
Good lUck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Need help with fake head (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL