We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Rick Silmser has passed away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
To All,

Friends,It's taken me several days to come to grips with the death of my friend
Rick Silmser.Em called me Sunday with the sad news and to say I was devastated
just doesn't really begin to describe it.Rick was a good friend.We spoke at least
twice a week and I always looked forward to what I called my 'Rick Fix".He had
such a fun personality.He was passionate about life and the things he was involved
in.His passion sometimes got him in trouble,but isn't that always the way it is?
Today everyone wants to just get along,no one really takes a stand.
Rick was different,he took a stand.Often the stand he took was defending me,and
I was always so grateful!

I've been shaken to the core at this tragic news.Even now it's hard for me to
express the deep loss that I'm feeling! That said,I feel even worse for poor Em.
I've tried to stay in touch,with support for her in this time of loss.

I jokingly called Rick'my bas.... navy son',and that's how I thought of him.He was
a character and I'm proud,and honored to have gotten to know him and to have
shared those many conversations with him.
He was a fine person and a cherished frind.Rick,I know you looked up to me,but
please know that to me it wasn't about you being a fan,it's was about us being
friends and at this moment,I'm the one looking up at you,I'm glad I got to know
you,I'm sorry our time was cut short,I miss you,I always will!

Steve
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I haven't been online for a while and I just logged on today and was very saddened to read the news about Rick. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting him or even talking to him on the phone, like so many others here, he touched my life and I considered him a true friend. I share the loss with everyone here, but I truly value having the opportunity to get to know him at all. My deepest condolences go out to Em and Rick's family. He will be sorely missed.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
I have been off the net for a number of days and this is really unfortunate news.

Although Rick and I lived and worked in the same general vicinity we only worked together once or twice over the years. I had not heard news of him for many years and like so many people we meet in this business, we tend to forget many good people over time. Then, I met Rick again here at the Café. He was looking for anyone who knew how to get in touch with another magician that he had worked a lot with in the past. I was able to contact Rick and pass along some contact information.

I was pleasantly surprised when Rick not only graciously thanked me for the information, but remembered also the time that we had worked together on the same bill (over 10 years in the past).

I knew him only as a gentleman and wish to pass along my deepest sympathies to Em and Rick's family. So long Rick. Rest in peace.

Rob Evans
Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
Wow, I am quite shocked. I never knew him too personally, but I knew he was a great guy on top of everything he did for all of his order and Café buddies.

My complete condolesces go to everyone close to Rick, and his love Em.

Its good to know he is in a better place, and that he is watching all of us. He's rooting for us to escape, now that he has.

Perry

I would also like to add that God, whatever way you think of him, puts us on this world for a reason. Once that mission has been completed, he calls us back to him. However young Rick was, he did his job. He touched so many people, on all different levels. Rest In Peace friend,

Perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Having been traveling for many weeks we just today found out this very saddening news. We only knew Rick thru emails and by reading his posts here. He will be missed dearly. His family and friends are in our prayers.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
My deepest sympathies go out to Ricks families.

For more on this subject see here;

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......1&38

Mya
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Although I've never been active on the forum that Rick often posted I always enjoyed reading what he had to say. He was passionate about his views, work and life that was apparent.

My condolences go out to his family.

Chrystal
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I heard this news only last week. (Thank you Perry and Dar_Kwan for relaying the message to me)

Even though I had never met Rick, I consider him to be one of my closest friends. It was a real shock to hear of his passing. He will be immortalised in my memory forever! We miss you Rick.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Boy! These boards are sure quiet without him.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi Kevin, the board sure is but at least Rick's websites are still up and we can all get a laugh and remember him and his humour.

Ian
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

You know? Things are sure different here without Rick. As matter of fact, even some of the other regulars seemed to have slipped away too.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
!!! I'm mad that I didn't see this sooner! Oh gosh...Rick Silmser was definitely a great guy. I can't believe he has passed.

I just don't know what to say about it...I couldn't have said it any better than you guys.

Even though I've only spoken with him directly maybe twice, I know that he was a very young, knowledgeable man whose presence can never be forgotten. He will always be a part of us.

Wow...I still can't believe it.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Good God Candini I hope you get out of Handcuffs Quicker then you should of posted here.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Rick sure could get things going here. I miss that.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Was looking at a book that he sent me just before he passed away. It got my memory going on the great chats he and I had.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I heard Rick was still dead...
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4423 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Tastefull cliff!

who told you?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Rick Silmser has passed away (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL