The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Tooth and nail ? (Impossible object) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mike Baxter
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, B.C.
87 Posts

Profile of Mike Baxter
Quote:
the bolt is actually diagonal in the pict., it's actually behind the post on the right, and in front of the one on the left

Good suggestion - but unless the background wall was similarly 'skewed' the shadow of the bolt would not appear to be parallel to the bolt itself from the left side through to the right.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
I don't think the illusion is based on perspective because you can actually have it in hand and not be able to take the nail out.
For "Solitary Confinement", very same looking as our impossible object Smile
Too bad the solution is missing (great site, thanks stanalger !). But maybe as a puzzle, the construction is completely different with a certain gimmick in wood. Like the first puzzle (golf in cage) there is a similar impossible object iron ball in cage but it cannot be free of cage.

the Sponge, sorry I misunderstand you and I am confused Smile When you say "Yes, both of them", you mean you can do both "tooth and nail puzzle" or you mean "steaming and boiling" is needed? (or both Smile

I have another theory for the second tooth and nail (http://www.johnrausch.com/PuzzleWorld/puz/img/tooth_and_nail_1.jpg ); The key words are expand and shrink wood...(that won't work for first one)
Nicolas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Tooth and nail ? (Impossible object) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL