The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Amazing Michael's Bypass Challenge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Some time ago there was a discussion regarding the bypass of padlocks and the speed with which they could be broached. The Amazing Michael claimed that he could bypass certain padlocks faster than a person could open them with a key. Since that time he has sent me a video showing me his technique and I have to say, he is right.

The video is on my website under the EA area. If you don't have a password to get in, email or PM me. I'll be back in town on Friday so there will be a bit of a delay. The video is found under the "Instruction" area.

Michael said he was having trouble with the file playing. Please let me know if you are able to view it or not.

Thanks and congrats to the Amazing Michael!

Clyde
Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
I can view it, although I will give it more study tonight. Marching band......

Perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
FLIM-FLAM
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of FLIM-FLAM
I'm gonna call Flim-Flam on this one, simply because video is very misleading! You are seeing via video what someone want's you to see. The proper way to present such a claim would be to perform it "Live" under an agreed standard of guidelines, so as to legitimize such skill as claimed. I could walk on water via video... But does that make it true? I've seen Bigfoot on video... Is that proof positive? I understand there is an Escape Artist Convention coming up. That would be a great place to display such skills for all to see. They say the hand is quicker than the eye... But is the hand really quicker than the key?
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Michael
Mr. or Mrs. Flam, I am sorry, I can not make the convention this year. However, it is not nessasary for me to attend. This by-pass video is not a demonstraition of some incredible talent given to me by the gods and George Lucus didn't help me put the footage together either.....it is something that any able-bodied person can do. For crying out loud, all three of my kids can do it! So, instead of doubting me.....find any one of these locks that I used in the video (and it's not like they are hard to find; I see them almost every day), get a pick, and try it yourself.....that's why I sent the video to Pastor Clyde, to share this technique with the EA community. It is my gift to you; all of the good people of the escape world. Well, enough said for now.....and in the words of Jerry Springer: "Be good to yourself, and each other". Have a great day, Mike
*CAUTION* Does NOT play well with others!
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Thanks Michael, and Pastor Clyde for sharing this knowledge with the Escape community.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Michael and Clyde...What you see is what you get. No camera effects, just skill that you can learn in seconds! I have used this technique in my job as a locksmith many times, and over the years you becme familiar with what locks you can use it for.

You'll find that on better quality locks, the manufacturers have added an extra "something" which prevents this happening, but there are quite a few locks out there that it will work with, so get a few locks, and have a go!

Thanks for the insight and the video.

Great!!

Mick Hanzlik
FLIM-FLAM
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of FLIM-FLAM
I'm sure what you see on the video is exactly what is was meant to show. However, I would love to see a "Live" In person demonstration of someone picking a lock faster than another opening by key. Mark Cannon's Escape Artist Convention would be a perfect venue for such a display of expertise. I believe there will be a picking contest at the Convention, so perhaps someone will be able to pick faster than the key. I'll have a chat with Mark and see what happens.
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Why don't you get yourself a lock as seen on the video and try it yourself? You may surprise yourself!
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Tony and Mick, thank you for your kind words. I have been amazed to see some of the disbelief about this by-pass technique, then it occurred to me yesterday that not every escape artist has studied locks the same way, and for the length of time, that I have. These people will have a much different view of this subject than I, or most other working locksmiths, do. I have been picking locks for a very long time, and I have cracked some very tough little buggers. The locks that I by-passed in the video have become a joke to pick or by-pass after doing battle with the likes of Medeco, Abus Plus, W-lok, Ace 7-pin, and S&G Environmental; just to name a few.

To a person who has limited, or even NO, lock picking ability, this technique sounds a little too good to be true and I understand that. And to these same people, this technique is a gold mine.....so why don't you stop questioning the technique and use it? This video is FREE to view online.....I am not selling it.....Pastor Clyde is not selling it. I am not trying to flim-flam you guys (pardon my pun here) in any way. As I have said, this is my GIFT to you, "The EA Community".....do with it what you will.

Hey Flim, if you would like to see this performed in person so bad, I would be more than happy to fly out to the convention and miss work.....(at your expense). You can pay me the money that I would have made at work for the week, pay my travel expenses, pay for my hotel stay, and pay for my food (and I am a hearty eater). That's fair.....right? What do you say, buddy? Or, you can hire me to do a personal show for you, I will charge you the same rate as I do for a magic show.....plus travel expenses (of course). I can start the show off with a quick demo and an intense 5 minute by-pass workshop, maybe do a card trick or two, then *POOF!* I will disapear with your money. Sound good?!! Please let me know in advance if any of these options will work for you. All the best, and with deep heart-felt love, Mike
FLIM-FLAM
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of FLIM-FLAM
I think some of you are missing the point. The claim is that a lock can be picked or as you all say "by-passed quicker than one could open it with a key. The by-pass method is not in question. Anyone can by-pass a lock without the use of a key. It's funny how so many quickly forget the original subject matter.

You said you would miss work and fly out to the Convention at my expence? OK, I'll tell you what. If you can provide me with some background data, such as show footage, official press about the Amazing Michael, anything that could be used as promo to establish your background, because I have been reading many of your posts and I must say I am very impressed with your extensive history in escapes, and anyone with such accomplishments and professional attributes must have some data behind them. If you can provide me with anything that I could use as new talent promo, I'll glady fly you out to the Convention. But... I will not waste my money on heresy! Now what do you say ole buddy?

The Convention would be the perfect setting for you to spread your wings and fly. I know a few in the business who are just dying to get there hands on some new, fresh, and amazing talent. I'm not looking for second rate backyard footage or anything less than professional. If you can show you deserve to be flown out to the Convention all expences paid, you got it! Right now I can only think of a few who on this board, proven pros I might add, who deserve such comps. I'm eager to promote new talent, I'll be waiting your reply.

Jim McClain
JMC Enterprises, LLC
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Try the lockpicking 101 forum. there was a bypass vid there a while back that were quicker than a key with instructions. Listen to Mick on this, there is no earthshaking lock mystery here. No one is trying to collect $ and its all for the sole purpose of helping others. certainly nothing to squabble over.

You know, we get some guy that comes along with an average to above average quickie,just trying to help out. Nobodys forcing anyone to watch if they already know about it so whats the beef? One complains because he doesn't know how, gets a bent ego because he isn't good enough to make the mark, and insists its not possible. just go ask the guy, he said he wants to help, so go ask him and get clued in for free.

that's what that flashing blue sentence at the top of the page is....

that's why I quit coming here very often. bickering squabling babies
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
A lot of Locks can be by-passed. but the willingness is to being able to taking the time to find that weakness.
The Amazing Zanzini
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Zanzini
Finding that weakness! You are so right Donster. I have on occassion by-passed locks while blindfolded. Not as quickly, but fast enough to avoid trouble.

The Amazing Zanzini
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Amazing Michael, I haven't check out the video at the moment ( I guess I should have before writing this) I suspect from the description of the techique, that you might be going straight up the broach and directly onto the locking bolt?

If this is right, have you made a list of all the brands you have done this with that don't have a blocking plate over the back of the plug, This would be very helpful for those who wish to purchase the same lock to try this on.

Cheers

Ian
FLIM-FLAM
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of FLIM-FLAM
The bypass challenge carries little weight when dealing with flimsy locks. Also, the speed of the method applied, depends completely on the individual. Not everyone works at the same speed, so just because one can bypass faster givin the challenger, this would not apply in all cases. Example, it took me less than a second to open my front door on several attempts with a key. It took my neighbor 4 seconds to open my door. OK, so what's the point? I firmly believe it's in the title of this thread. Just because you were faster then this guy, does not mean you will be faster against another. This challenge is an empty one! The method is not in question, that's what many keep missing here.

Jim
The Amazing Zanzini
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Zanzini
Yes, I said blindfolded. I used to perform this as part of my mentalist act, which always left the audience roaring with applause.

The Amazing Zanzini
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
Jim, I hope that I'm not missing the point here, as well, but you seem to be belaboring the title of this post which was started by my good friend Pastor Clyde as a follow up to an earlier thread in which the Amazing Michael brought up his "bypass" method. I don't believe that Pastor Clyde meant it as a "true challenge" any more than the Amazing Michael meant to say that he can open up "any" lock, faster than "anyone" using a key....EVERYTIME!

Michael was simply looking to share a method that he has used in the past that is very fast and works with several locks. He was called out on this method and he decided to back up his claims by sending a video to Pastor Clyde for verification. The two of them were kind enough to share this info with the rest of the EA Community to do with as they saw fit. It's not a challenge to all comers, nor a guarantee that everyone will be as fast as the Amazing Michael. I beleive that Pastor Clyde meant for us to try the method out for ourselves as a personal "challenge" and the rest of this is just the normal squabbling and finger pointing frequently found on this board.

Again I apologise if I ,as well, am "missing the point" but I think that the real point here is that the Amazing Michael and Pastor Clyde are two men dedicated to advancing this art and are both very generous with their knowledge and experience, and I for one, applaud their efforts.
FLIM-FLAM
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of FLIM-FLAM
Well said Mr. Parisi!
I believe you are one of the few who have a clear picture here. I must add one thing to your post if you don't mind. Nor does it guarantee that the Amazing Michael will be faster either. No need to drag out what I am saying again, as you have seen my meaning. Again, well said Mr. Parisi!

Jim
The Amazing Michael
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Boy, oh boy....did I open a can of worms or what?!!! I would first of all like to say thank you to everyone who posted here. I have not laughed this hard in a long time! This is now my official source of entertainment! Who needs to rent comedies to get a good laugh? Not me! I do know that Video Connection will be losing a lot of money from now on....no more late fees for The Amazing Michael!

Now, to Ian, yes you are correct on your presumption; I do attack the lock bolt/latch by going beyond the plug. And as far as getting a list....I am afraid that many of these locks are the same, but have so many different names. I think that making a list would be quite difficult. What I do is just try it when I approch a new lock, and if it works....I just make a mental note.

Tony....I like you. You seem to be a very level headed guy; you obviously get it. Nuf said about Tony.

Mike

If anyone feels the need to attack me for doing random acts of kindness; like posting instructional videos about lockpicking free of charge on the net (for the EA community), or for answering legitimate lock, cuff, escape, straitjacket, picking, or any other related questions, (for the EA community), with sound time tested and proven advice.....then please email me. I welcome your correspondance and I am looking forward to sending my true feelings back at you. I stand by everything that I have ever written on this, or any other forum, and I do not feel that this is the place to discuss matters of importance in which the subject matter may offend sensitive people. Mike
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I'm glad to see that the staff decided to repost this thread as I think it is an important thread and contains a lot of thought provocing posts. I didn't see the controversail material that it was apparently pulled for, but I'm glad to have it back. Thank you Amazing Michael and Mr. McClain for the kind words about me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Amazing Michael's Bypass Challenge (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL