The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Okay... who here likes David Blaine? Everyone seems to dislike him for whatever reasons.. I like him a lot.. He is very very funny.... uses simple methods and hits hard... almost like all of his tricks can be done with little or no preperation.
Also his shows are older...
anyone else like him or have something to say?
TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
I actualy like him. But then I also like Criss Angel as well.

I have found that you DON'T have to dislike one in order to like the other. You CAN actualy like both of them!
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Oh yha I love them both... but a l;ot of people seem to hate D.B.
TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
Oh by the way, they are replaying the 1st episode of Criss Angel's, MindFreak, on A&E tonight (Tuesday) at 10 pm EST.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1948 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Blaine is cool..
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
I like Blaine. I live Criss Angel. I like all magicians-whether they do stage or street-Im a fan of the art.
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
SOHA
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
178 Posts

Profile of SOHA
I like David Blaine alot. I think he is very talented and innovative, and has understood how to bring magic to tv. The most I like about him is that he's a laymen's magician, not a magicians's magician. Which means that everything he does is for the general public, as well as Criss Angel, (In my opinion that's how it should be). Unfortunally many magicians don't like them for the same reason. I find that there's a lot of jelousy in the magic world, which include magicians that have lost the point of magic. Magic is to amaze the spectator not to show other magicians that you have great skill in doing false transfers or whatever.

Will
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
I couldn't have said it any better myself..... bravo *clap* *clap* *calp* Smile Smile
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I personally don't like Blaine. I like Criss Angel though. I just cant stand Blaines presentation on his effects and he comes across overly dramatic. that's just my opinion. I am not jealous of the man though. I think it is a good thing that he has brought magic back to television.
giochi
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of giochi
More dramatic than painted face goth boy?
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Blaine was okay till he started doing stunts, and rambling on about his insipid ideas for these stunts, rather than magic. I mean he sounds like a stoner, and that whatever comes out of that mouth of his is somehow interesting or profound.
Wish he'd get back to doing magic.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Yha I woukld lik to see criss angel do more magic too.
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Magic Shmagic, When is American Idol on?
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
AAAAAAAKKKK.
Nevermind, where I'm at now it's Canadian Idol, ick!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
croman
View Profile
New user
usa
64 Posts

Profile of croman
I like David Blaine, because he made something out of nothing. that's the only thing why I like him. He is better than Criss Angel.
superdave101
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of superdave101
Anybody can buy at the local magic shop all the Blaine tricks.
Raising Card Deck, Folding Coin, Raven, Invisible deck, Two Card Monte Effect,Etc.
I think these tricks are ok to do them in a magic show, but if you want some respect in the magic community, come out with something more original or at least high skilled professional routines.
David
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Although the last post is correct, the tricks are nothing without presentation. that's something that blaine is very good at along with Chriss Angel.
I would guess as well, that blaine proberly doesn't need the respect from the commmunity, as they are not the ones paying him. He is performing magic for the public and TV, and I am sure his routines will devlop as time goes by. The latest david blaine show I saw, had new illusions in it , I havn't seen him perform before.
Steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
The reason I watch is to see something original. As we all know magic is 99.9% presentation, not magic. These "actors" are entertaining and this is their shtick.
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
Unfortunately, boboshempy, not everyone in magic knows that, or they wouldn't be trying to dissect every single magician who gets on TV and "figure them out". It's refreshing to see some people here giving credit to those who are helping the popularity of what we do instead of tearing our fellow magicians apart. There are several running threads in this forum chock full of negative statements about both Angel and Blaine. I'm all for CONSTRUCTIVE critisism, but most of what I read anymore are just cheapshots and uneducated guesses to methodology.

I don't think I could pull off either Blaine or Angel's character. They are both unique in their own way. I'm in my 5th year of paying my bills with magic and I'm still trying to find my character.

I like David Blaine, not so much for his style and approach to magic, but because he has indirectly helped me to be able to make money doing something I love. I think the only reason the "magic community" is so hard on him is because he had the balls to perform the stuff we all know on a television special and he was the one to think of it. No matter how justified the "constructive" criticism is portrayed, it still smells of sour grapes to me.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Blaine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL