The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini zombie ball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Can the mini zombie ball do ALL the same thing the zombie ball can? like come up over the hanky and behind your shoulder??

( P.S. I was looking to buy some sory of un costly packet tricks or gimmicks that give a ghostly effect or spiritual approach )
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
NO. The gimmick is not the same size as a standard Zombie Gimmick and so, the range of movement is more limited. In addition, the lighter weight of the mini-zombie makes every small movement of the gimmick much more noticeable. As a result, the movements often look "jerky" rather than smooth and ghostly.

Also remember that Zombie was not designed as a close-up illusion. You may not have the proper performing environment to do this trick in many cases.

If you are looking for a close up spiritual type effect, try something like Ghost Key, Haunted Hank or Fortune Teller's Book of Days.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
funny_gecko
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of funny_gecko
Thank you tons magicman!! you helped alot.. Ill be sure to buy the big Zombie ball. I will also be sure to look into those items.
kenwax
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of kenwax
Al Schneider has a very strong approach to Zombie,and it can be done very close up. It's on his DVD#4.

It's the full size; I agree the mini is not as good.
pjpastir
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of pjpastir
I am curious as to why or where you could use a mini zombie ?

Paul
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I just received The Thing by Bill Abbott - zombie like - Should work close-up.
Richard
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
I will intrested in knowing how "The thing" works out for you doowopper, as I am considering purchasing this myself.
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
Millarhouse,
I tried it for a group of kids close-up and it was a big hit. I bet it will also work well for adults. I highly recommend it. It's not difficult to do, but requires a bit of practice to nail the routine.
Richard
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Hey Millarhouse, The Thing is and would be a great purchase. I have used in two shows for adults and it went over extremely well. Bill includes great instruction so you'll be performing in no time.
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
I also like the Mini Zombie Ball and use the one made by Vernet. It is made for Close-up Magic and spectators seem to like it but nothing can really beat the regular sized Zombie Ball for the Zombie Effect.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
"The Thing" has been getting rave reviews from both my holiday audiences and colleague magicians who've seen my version.
The mini-zombie has limited use and is not very strong as good magic, if you want to go small, Bill Abbott's The Thing is a great take on a classic, and very well made!
Magically,
Walt
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
I would suggest getting "The Thing." It plays big and is easier to use than the Zombie.
obuch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of obuch
Can mini zombie ball be performed more like stage? - for 70 people not really far away?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Sure, if you don't want them to see the trick.

If you are going to do the zombie, get Al Schneider's DVD. Al is one of the few people who actually understood what made an effective zombie presentation. He used a small Rings and Things Zombie. You can use the small Morrissey Zombie, if you can't find the Rings and Things Zombie.

Al's routine eliminated even the remotest possibility of the ball falling off the gaff. It basically eliminates flashing the gaff.

And it can be performed 5 feet from the spectators.

Al's thinking also gave a backstory to the Zombie, in that it explained when and how the ball floated and moved. His ideas will also make your presentation of "The Thing" much more effective.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
matt kemp
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of matt kemp
Bill, would you recommend Al Schneider's DVD or ebook on the zombie? Also, how does Al's work compare to Tim Wright's zombie work?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini zombie ball (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL