The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Best Plans For A Walk Thru .... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Frozen Toast
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Frozen Toast
Guys can you please tell me what you think the best plans are for a walk through mirror illusion, or walk through anything. Have done loads of reasearch on this but want to know what you guys think, I want to build one soon and want to know what plans to buy.

Thanks !!
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1321 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Check out JC Sum's Visual Displacement. It's not technically complicated, looks great, and breaks down easily for travel. There are some similar things on the market, but he put a lot of thought into the subtleties of the routine.

http://www.jcsum.com/videos.html

Thanks,
Richard
Frozen Toast
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Frozen Toast
Thanks Richard,

I have looked on his site but can't seem to find it ??
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
Magicmatt1982
View Profile
Loyal user
Southeren IL
296 Posts

Profile of Magicmatt1982
Andrew manye also has out his razorwire illusion. I am getting one but I not going to use the razorwire.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I have JC Sums book and it's outstanding. It has 2 different penetration illusions in it that are wonderful.

Take Care, Bry
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Andrew mayne has one. Razorwire is based on the same principle. You can get the principle by getting his book, The Secret Illusion show. The trick in that book is called Passage.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3639 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Razorwire is a good illusion.

Heres' a suggestion I made after seeing the effect performed here in a cabaret situation.

Whenever I have done fencing with barbed wire/razor wire I always wear heavy leather work gloves, taking a length of wire to the audience and having them touch the points would stress the bodily "danger" to the performer. You would be wearing the gloves at this point. They also look better when holding the curtain up. Get the book and you will know what I mean.

It is also very light, sets up big, and can play even bigger!!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
But Shazzam,

Is razor wire the same ditto as in Andrew maynes A FRAME illusion in his book Solo X. I wouldnt wan to buy the same thing twice.
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
Hi,

If you're on the J.C. Sum site, there is is section called essais. One talks about Penetration effects and the reflexion of which is the best.

Sorry, but I can't remember the exact link.
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Mr Bill - Hi!

Did I get the point right? If I buy the book "The Secret Illusion Show" from Andrew Mayne means I don't need to purchase "Razor Wire"?

A reply would be helpful!

Cheers
Jarod

PS.: Is the "Solo X" Book a different one and worth to buying it?
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
I have a new rope penetration on my site which, in my opinion, surpasses any "penetration" of this type on the market. The performers real hands and head are in full view throughout the entire performance. A vid should be on line any day.

Jack
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Andrew Mayne's "Passage" is the basic premise behind all these illusions. His working is great. I do a "Walking Through a Kid" illusion using the "gimmick" attached to the cloth (you know what I mean). I get a kid to stand on a stool. It allows for plenty of comedy beforehand and the illusion takes just seconds if it's done smoothly. You can either blindfold the kid (if they have something to hold on to) or just get them to sign a HUGE secrecy agreement up there on the stage. Whatever the case, it is cheap and portable! Just walk right through them...
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
http://dream-illusions.com/

Jack has a new version out. A video has been released. Enjoy.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
I have a very NICE walk thru mirror illusion that I have just put together that I have been getting GREAT raves from audience!
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Create youre own... originality is allways more than great Smile
dark kard
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
142 Posts

Profile of dark kard
This is not a plan but it's a walking through mirror effect. check it out at http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
"flying is easy all you have to do is miss the ground" Douglas Adams
<BR>dark kard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Best Plans For A Walk Thru .... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL