The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Remote Control CD Player? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
The remote RF extender works fine with the small IF remote on my boombox, which is a Sony. I believe I'm using AAA batteries in mine and the RF extender has a transmitter that fits it. I'm using my Sony boom box with the RF extender at the Magic Castle in the parlor this Sunday and it always works great there and everywhere. I don't think it would be great outside though; you would have to hide it from the sun.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I did go to Ebay and found one vendor selling 13, I bid on it and asked a question if I could get it before the end of auction and still no answer. Will have to see what happens. Its the portable CD player made by Panasonic with remote. Thanks all!
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
For a small portable CD player (not amplified boombox) to plug into your speaker system, don't forget about the abundant $90-100. portable DVD PLAYERS.
http://www.epinions.com/DVD_Players--rev......e_90_100

They come with a REMOTE (albeit an IR remote) and can play standard CDs too ! It's the great excuse that you have been waiting for to get one. To convert to RF you would need a RF learning remote to capture the codes.

This is one of those "duh" solutions that get overlooked.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I won the bid on EBAY for the Panasonic, we shall see.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Well, I got the Panasonic model with remote yesterday. I tested it and will use it today for a gig. So far it accepts the remote IR from about 12 or so feet. I noticed a little distortion using the headphone jack rather then the line out jack on my trusty old SONY but not a big difference.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Glod wrote:

"They come with a REMOTE (albeit an IR remote) and can play standard CDs too ! It's the great excuse that you have been waiting for to get one. To convert to RF you would need a RF learning remote to capture the codes. "

Glod,
What is a learning RF remote and how can it work with an IF remote? Thanks.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
The Panasonic SL-SX282C is a great unit. I have gone EASILY 24 feet with the TINY remote. NO DISTORTION WHAT SO EVER USING the headphone jack.

I have a an extra one NEW IN PACKAGE and EXTRA remotes if anyone is interested.
The sold for $60 when in stores. I can offer a great price if you PM.

Quote:
On 2006-04-29 07:54, Candini wrote:
Well, I got the Panasonic model with remote yesterday. I tested it and will use it today for a gig. So far it accepts the remote IR from about 12 or so feet. I noticed a little distortion using the headphone jack rather then the line out jack on my trusty old SONY but not a big difference.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
WOW, wish I had bought it from you.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Remote Control CD Player? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL