The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Mondo Magic/Mindfreak (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Now with Criss Angel on tv it made me think of Mondo Magic. What ever happened with that? Did they get cancled? Are they filiming a new season? Was their contract only for one season? I enjoyed Mondo Magic because they did a variety of different tricks every episode. Don't get me wrong, Mindfreak is great to watch, but I mean how many tricks does he do per episode? 3? Tonight on his Wine Barrel escape episode he floated a frisbee, did card thru window, a deja vu effect, and the wine barrel escape. I feel like more should go into the episode. And what was the point of showing the 2 failed attempts of the escape? They showed the 2 attempts and then went to comercial before the escape was pulled off. I know Criss can't be low on material so whats the deal here? Just some of my thoughts.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
From the Genii interview with Criss's manager, it was made clear that they did not want to do twenty-one magic specials. They are attempting to present more of a behind the scenes view of a contemporary magic performer. They are trying to give the public a sense of who Criss is as a person in addition to him as a performer. It will be interesting to see if they succeed and what this will all mean to the magic community.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Mondo Magic was just a limited order of six or so episodes. I don't know if they are planning on a second season.
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
How many episodes of Mindfreak have they ordered? Is it really 21, as I read in your previous post? I worry that that is about a dozen too many.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Quote:
On 2005-07-28 00:32, Todd Robbins wrote:
From the Genii interview with Criss's manager, it was made clear that they did not want to do twenty-one magic specials.

;)

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
junkdz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of junkdz
I loved mondo magic. I was much better than these because there seemed less to be stooges or camera edits. Mindfreak is often not even an effect, but more of a stunt show. It is frustrating anyway to see these lerger effects, because an amatuer magician has basically no way to do anything similar. I much prefer the street magic shows like mondo magic because with practice and knowledge many of the effects can be duplicated.
Montgomeryville Magician http://www.dzmagic.com Philadelphia Magician
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Junkdz,

Why duplicate? Originate!

Best
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Mondo Magic/Mindfreak (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL