The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » WHOLE audience participation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I love those audience participation bits where the whole crowd tries to do something at once.

e.g.
"I'm going to plant a number in your head....less then...two digits...less the 50...both digits are different and both are odd....concentrate....now if I name your number I'd like you to clap your hands....35." At least 50% of the audiences will clap.

"Twist yours arms together like me and then untwist them"....they audience can't do it.

"Rotate your right foot clockwise and then draw the number six in the air with your hand finger"....their foot will start turn in the opposite direction.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
David Copperfield did something like this during one of his visits here. Each audience member received a sheet of perforated cards...one with a full moon printed on it. He gave instructions that appeared to give everyone a free series of choices disposing of cards...a common illusion used in various formats...and asked each audience member who had finished the instructions with the full moon card in hand to raise their hand. Nearly every hand in the audience went up. It was an impressive use of the technique.

I also love Mark Wilson's Magic Bingo for this reason...everyone plays and is amazed. Full audience participation is a great warm-up.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
I liked the one where you get eveyone to take the little pills and drink the kool-aid Smile

Mike
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I do a four question invisible deck of card trick with a post it note, and a jumbo deck.
1. pick a color.
2. pick a suit in that color.
3. pick high, or low.
4. pick a number, 1 through 7, or 8 through king. (depending on the answer to question 3)
I write the prediction down on the post it note attached to the jumbo deck of cards, then I open the box.
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
cardandcoin
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of cardandcoin
You have to know when to use them.If your audiance doesn't like you , iy will just annoy them.So be carefull with these types of routines.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2005-07-28 10:48, juggleral wrote:
I do a four question invisible deck of card trick with a post it note, and a jumbo deck.
1. pick a color.
2. pick a suit in that color.
3. pick high, or low.
4. pick a number, 1 through 7, or 8 through king. (depending on the answer to question 3)
I write the prediction down on the post it note attached to the jumbo deck of cards, then I open the box.
Al

What is the prediction?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I LOVE doing the optical illusion disc for large audiences. It is something that can be done for a huge audience and they will all experience the same strange bit of magic at the exact same moment in time. It is a lot of fun playing this up and performing it and the instant reactions from all the audience at the same moment is a great way to close the show.

Another great audience pleaser where a lot of the audience can take part is doing my non gimmicked and non apparatus style mental epic routine. It is a lot of fun and you can get up to 3-4 people involved from different parts of the audience all thinking of different things.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Kyle - I would ove to hear more about yout epic effect - its been something I have been toying with and woud love to talk in more detail about your thinking, david
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
Hi kyle,
I would actualy like to know a little more about the optical illusion disc you mentioned. I have printed and laminated numerous optical illusions and shown them on stage. mostly the audience likes them and are quite fascinated but some know them off the net and here and there.
whats the disc? and why so good?

dani the magician
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Cool
Martin Joseph
View Profile
New user
UK
70 Posts

Profile of Martin Joseph
Whole audience participation? I used to set off the fire alarms before I was told it just aint funny.
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
Quote:
On 2005-08-04 14:11, danryb wrote:
Hi kyle,
I would actualy like to know a little more about the optical illusion disc you mentioned. I have printed and laminated numerous optical illusions and shown them on stage. mostly the audience likes them and are quite fascinated but some know them off the net and here and there.
whats the disc? and why so good?

dani the magician

Kyle might be talking about Jerry Andrus' Tri-Zonal Space Warp. You can experience the basic effect here:

http://www.coolopticalillusions.com/freaky_spiral.htm
funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
230 Posts

Profile of funemagic
Anybody have a source for where you can find an effect like what Copperfield does with the moon cards? I don't want to copy the effect but like the idea of using something I can hand out to everyone before the show, use this item in a way where everyone gets involved and then they can take it home with them. And the item (like a few cards) has my contact information printed on it. I'm thinking maybe Martin Gardener might have published something like this but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
About half way into this video clip, David Williamson does a routine that involves the whole audience. It looks like great fun, but it's something that only David would be able to get away with.

http://bladeagency.com/artist.asp?a_no=1275
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
I agree - those bits that involves the entire audience are priceless when doing stand-up magic. Any more examples?
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1163 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Dave taught me the handling of this back in April and I have been having great fun doing it in groups at cocktail parties and hospitality suites. It is so easy to walk up with a deck of cards and start handing out 4 cards to each person and have them all follow along.

But I agree, only Dave could get away with screaming at the audiene as such.
broothal
View Profile
Elite user
Europe
448 Posts

Profile of broothal
By the way - how many people can see the optical spiral at the same time and get the desired reaction?
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
I wonder if the Optical Illusion disc referred to is called 'The Spiral.'
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
Perhaps some audience physical comedy similar to the turning foot and arm mentioned above....Fisher's 'Body Magic' book or Gardiner's Impromptu Magic' book have some good hand-twisting moves that could be done by a large group.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Try this one...put your left thumb up and point your right finger out. Now swap them over...so your left finger points and your right thumb goes up. And then swap them again...and again...and again as fast as you can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » WHOLE audience participation (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL