The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Best Three Shell game? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
You might also want to concider using a good wood putty on the inside of the shell to add stability ( they will split) and build up the proper shape inside the shell. There is a thread on the scoundrel site that diagrams the process
Doc
threeshellgame
View Profile
New user
Sierra Nevada Foothills, Northern California
32 Posts

Profile of threeshellgame
Thank you, Doc. I've never tried the wood putty, but will check out the website and give it a go when I make up some more shells this winter (everyboody needs a hobby.) I own some fablous videos on the subject from the Scoundrels site. And, although Santa isn't bringing me a set of their jumbo shells, I think "Greedy Claus" might just sping for them in January.

Interesting note; the two sets of shells I made up over 15 years ago are still going strong without the wood putty (I used one of the sets in the YouTube video I referenced in my first post). Might be because I used the satin polyurethane on the underside, completely sealing the shell.

Still, now that I'm a full-time author, I have some time to experiment with the putty and other new (for me) things. Thanks again for the idea.
Steve
"Old Enough to Know Better, Still Too Young to Care"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Phil Cass does the best shell game I have ever seen. But it is all Phil, and I doubt if anyone else could do it PERIOD. You MUST SEE it to believe what he does. His video is almost always available on ebay.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I like Garcia's routine from the Stars of Magic now on DVD. Quick and easy routine.
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
At the moment I am doing sort of a combination of moves from Phil Cass's shell game rountine ( which he states is based on Gary Ouellet's Supershells )and Sal Piacente's moves from his dvd on the 3sg. I love Cass's way he talks the spectator out of the right shell. This make the routine much more entertaining.
Self concept is destiny..
william the 3rd
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of william the 3rd
I have been doing my own version based on Karl Normans routine. I think that is who it was. It was from a booklet I found years ago. It was a fairly easy routine with few embellishments. It really made it easy for me to make the routine my own.

I did order a new e-book tonight called the Hanxamean Approach to the three shell game, I am interested to see how it is. I will let you know after I get it and play with it for a while.

Quote:
On 2005-11-01 20:13, Ragman wrote:
Might I suggest The HanXamean approach to the 3 shell game. It is fun and great routine or two for the first time operator. It is E-book form from Magicjax.com

I just bought this and have gone through it I would have to say it is good as well. The ten bucks was worth it. I really am rethinking how my shell game is being done.
I found it here

http://www.magicjax.com/newsite/3shell.html
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Ken Brooke sold a terrific 3 shell game routine called Tweezers. What a great commercial routine and killer ending.
JMAC
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of JMAC
I like the idea of real shell. Something I'm going to look into myself.I love the 3 shell game. When I started performing it I wanted to trick the spectators sences so to speak. eyes, ears, touch, and so on. Here is the routine as it stands today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vua7qTPlhuw Good topic.
jmac
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
I saw it done with match boxes, and I mean real ****, which was wicked, operator was great.
Pavlo
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I just like the cheap ol' vernet shells =) work fine for me
silky2
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of silky2
Anybody here any good with the bottle caps?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Best Three Shell game? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL