The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Thread trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I saw David Blaine do this on his Magic Man special and then Criss Angel did something similar last night.

Blaine's version:
A piece of thread is swallowed and then is seen sticking out of his stomach. He then pulls the string out of his skin.

Angel's version:
Thread and needles are swallowed. Needles and thread are then together and pulled out of his belly button.

Im not really interested in Angel's version too much. If I were to do Angel's version, I would just do it the classic way of pulling it back out of my mouth. However, I am interested in Blaine's version. Does anyone have any information on this effect? A name/where to find it? Thanks.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
TheRock
View Profile
New user
Anderson, Indiana
95 Posts

Profile of TheRock
Personaly, I loved Criss Angel's version more then David Blaine's. But that is just my opinion.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
739 Posts

Profile of scott0819
There have been many posts on the thread trick performed by blaine.
check out swami mantra by sam dalal.

but you probably don't want to try this 'trick'.
elasmac
View Profile
New user
Bristol, VA
54 Posts

Profile of elasmac
I do the same thing, only I make it come out my nose. Sometimes I wet it just to increase the grossness.
There are three things I love in life. Family and friends and magic. So I love doing magic for friends and family.

Smile
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
The classic swallowing needles act really impresses people..i've been doing it for the past month and wow people freak..i enjoyed criss's version last night..i wanna do it where it comes out my throat all bloody..haha..that's too penn and teller style though..but anyway the original version found in tarbell 4 is great and people will really love it.
kozai
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of kozai
Do you happen to know the title of the effect in Tarbell? Thanks.

Nevermind, found it, thanks anyway! "Houdini's Famous Needle Trick" for others who are interested.
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
I love the original needle trick, and also love the idea of thread from stomach, I'm waiting for my swami-mantra to arrive for other such ideas, I cant wait!
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Has anyone thought of trying something similar with razor blades. Image pulling them out of your throat, stomach or somewhere equally disturbing.

Jeff K
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
On tarbell number 7 ibelieve there is an effect where you swallow bunch of razor blades and piece of string and you can spit the blades back out with them tied to the string.
was very painful practicing though, very very, painful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Thread trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL