The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Nash Reloaded (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Mike is currently having a promotion for his stuff.

Check out Genii forum if you are interested

Cheers!
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
That's great, but for everyone's information, I still haven't gotten a refund after being promised over 5 times that I will get one. I've been asking for a refund for the last 6 months, only to have my emails ignored, or given a promise and then having it broken. I would take great precaution when dealing with Mike in the future.
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
I don't understand why Mike can reply to emails regarding pre-orders so quickly and refunds take eternity.

I emailed Mike regarding pre-order for the new Nash book. I got a reply within a couple of days.
kadz
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of kadz
So, the book isn't as what everyone expected...less pages, less pictures, not by Nash the man himself.
What bout the materials? Are they strong or also a dissapointment?
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Whats the update on the hardcover book? I haven't gotten my refund back and its almost been a year!
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
You are not the only one Zur,

He has been ignoring my emails and I have been chasing him for so long. I have kinda given up since I cant call on the authorities as I am not from the US.

Anyway, I think there will not be a hardcover book for this so we might as well give up. Mike is definitely cheating us and running away without producing what has been promised.

isn't this against the law?
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
The last I heard, Mike had split up with Martin Nash and even the ebook is now called 'Leftovers' having been shorn of any Nash material. I believe I paid for the hard copy and the DVD set in advance and I have kind of written off the loss. The trouble is I very much like the material in the original Nash Reloaded ebook and I do feel very dissappointed that the DVD's have come to nothing. For me, the quality of the material in the ebook is a kind of consolation.

Regards,

Paul H
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Paul:

You paid for the preorders of the DVDs? Did you receive a refund since I doubt the DVDs would be released at all.

I wonder how come such cheaters can go off scott free with our hardearned money and that theres nothing we can do about it.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
There is a lesson to be learned here. That is, don't preorder things.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I guess the main lesson here is never buy anything from a guy called mike sourasen or something like that. (Cant rem his last name)
millusions
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of millusions
I am going to begin making arangements for everyone due to the fact that Martin has requested that neither the book or the DVD's go forward. The dvd's were completed, but any distribution of them will bring down hellfire. Please PM me so we can make arangements.It's a saddening thing. I wanted to see this out more than anyone. Pre-order money had been sunk into costs. it took almost three years to write. Now it's dead. I'll never be doing pre-orders on a project again. I wish I hadn't done them this time (wasn't my idea!)

Thanks for everyones patience
Mike
maxrod88
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of maxrod88
Thank you Mike for Updating us!
max
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Hi Mike,

This is a sad business. Hopefully there may be a release sometime in the 'far?' future. I'm just glad I've still got the original ebook. Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Paul H
millusions
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of millusions
Thanks for the upbeat attitude guys. This is the last time I make these kind of business arrangements. The next book, which will soon be completed will be handled in a whole other way. No pre-orders. Only for dsale upon completion. e-book or otherwise. It's called more than sleeving - the magic of rocco silano. There will be and e-book version and lecture dvd but, there will be no pre-sales, no pre-order deals. I'm not going through this again, and I'm not going to put you guys through this again. It cost me close to $5000 to produce even teh ebook last time, and I only had $1000 in pre orders. that's bad business and a bomb waiting to go off. So, hopefully, you guys will look into the next one, enjoy it, and I can start putting a reputation back together. We'll get all of you who pre-ordered taken care of one way or another.

Thank all,
Mike
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Your still a great magical writer and a heck of a nice guy to chat with in my books Mike. I loved Nash Reloaded.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2006-05-05 11:18, millusions wrote:
..No pre-orders...

...We'll get all of you who pre-ordered taken care of one way or another.

Thank all,
Mike

Sent you a PM on my remainding amount to be refunded. Hope you would not ignore it like the other emails which I have sent you months ago.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Let me now how it goes, Mike promised me a refund around this time about a year ago, and I recieved 2 emails from him saying that he would paypal me back. I even called up his house twice to be promised a refund, and never getting it. I've even PM'd him over 5 times and each time I was promised a refund, but nothing till this date.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
He has already repiled that my cheque is already at the post office so I will just wait and see how it goes. I stay in Asia so it will most prob take about 2 weeks.

This is the second time he is mailing me the refund (according to him) The first one never arrived so I presume that was lost in the mail. hopefully this time round USPS will not have any more problems.

I did PM him to know who he addressed the cheque to since he said it was a cheque. No reply yet, but I will let you know either via here or by PM if I ever do receive it this time.

Regards
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Just an update:

2 PMs, both read by millusions but no reply. I mean, if he did send a cheque to me as he mentioned, whats the big problem with telling me who he addressed it to? But the weird thing is, I never gave him my account name.

Now, he mentioned that he had sent me the refund via snail mail a few months back which never did arrive. My friend in my country faced the same problem and the snail mail refund NEVER did arrive too. Could I check with anyone if USPS is really that inefficient? Please contact me via PM if its inappropriate to dicuss this here. I think Zur and I are not the only one who has had empty promises for refunds. If the number is large enuff and from different states, it would must easier to handle this matter with the respective departments.

I will wait 2 weeks and see if his refund ever arrives. I am in no way taking a cheap shot at Mike. I am just updating here for the information of people like Zur who have the same problem for over a year.

I wonder what about those that preordered and paid in advance for the 100 bucks package he advertised on nash reloaded and the DVD preorders.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
16 days have passed, just to update Zur, I have received NOTHING from him yet from the mail box.

Usually, mailing takes 2 weeks to reach me. In total, this would be the 3rd payment via mailing that had been 'LOST' by USPS to Singapore.

I have never had such problems with others sending stuff to me here. Is USPS really becoming so horrible? Or is someone trying to frame them? Would honestly like to find out about this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Nash Reloaded (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL