We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Person inside Balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Quote:
On 2006-03-27 10:29, jondark445 wrote:
HOW HOW HOW does one blow up the balloon while inside it????

--Jon

You don't, you blow it up first then climb into it. Smile

Thinking of getting one of these, looks like great fun. Smile
madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
You might want to appreciate the Canadian, Michel Lauziere, inside a balloon - outdoors:

here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhsavu2eh4
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
You need to get the book by Larry Moss before you climb inside the balloon. He explains EVERYTHING about it - from where to get balloons, how to do it, what clothes to wear, etc. Highly recommended.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Hmmm a discussion about climb in balloons .... yet it seems no one here has actually done it.

Interesting....

Key is the width of the neck of the balloon.... cloud bursters are too small, your mileage may vary.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 18:09, madelaine wrote:
You might want to appreciate the Canadian, Michel Lauziere, inside a balloon - outdoors:

here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHhsavu2eh4

I always thought 99 percent of the routines of "climbing inside of a balloon" are very dull and boring. I have yet to see ANYONE do a routine climbing in a balloon that is entertaining. You might think it looks cool but everyone else thinks it looks tacky like some dumb bar guy thing.

I always thought doing a snow globe inside a clear one mightbe a cool concept that could come up with a neat story line.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Is it me or some guy who is half naked bouncing around to a song about sex and drinking just doesn't seem very funny.

Again, I am clearly in the minority since these people seem to like it a lot.

The end is cute with the costume change I will agree with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPPXUAzfAA4
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
I climb in a balloon and maybe "99 percent of the routines of 'climbing inside of a balloon' are very dull and boring" for you Kevinr, but it works. And it works very well. Audiences, as you have seen from bruce airhead's video, love it. I liken it to the street performer juggling fire torches on a unicycle. It always works and is a crowd pleaser.

As a professional balloon entertainer my job is not to please other performers, magicians and the like, but to entertain the public, my clients and kids that watch my shows. Even though there are more than several performers climbing inside a balloon, its still a novel act for most people.
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Mambo number 5 is not seen as a sex song ....

Disney cut their own version f it.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
-- Use Rifco 72" from Continental.
-- Get Larry's book.
-- Be careful about sharp edges & corners on your clothes. It's a bad feeling to be inside looking at a quarter-size hole and realize this thing is slowly deflating around your face.
-- Start off the adventure with an entertaining routine in mind - something more than climbing in and bouncing around. After you master getting into the balloon in the costume you want to wear, re-write your routine.
-- Choose your leaf blower wisely. Double-verify your electric supply and/or spare battery. Wouldn't do to have such an important routine fail because you can't inflate the balloon.

Ed
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1133 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I had that Larry Moss book, and I wasn't too impressed considering it's really a booklet and not a book and it costs $30 if I remember right. Also, if I remember right, it lacks a lot of info he could have put in there. To me, the balloon stunt is fairly safe if you use common sense. The biggest safety concern for me, because of the lack of visibility, (unless you use clear ones) you really need to be careful of not falling off a stage or bumping into stuff on the side of the performance area, etc. Also, they get really hot inside (I usually won't do it in hot weather) and it's harder to breath in there because of the humidity or whatever. Also they pop easy and that gets expensive. And if you havent seen the performance area in advance, you usually don't know for sure if it's a good space to perform in. For those reasons, I never promise to do the balloon thing, but I say I might do it. people love it, most people havent seen it where I am, or at least not in person.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Person inside Balloon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL