The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » ITR (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jolan Vanderdark
View Profile
New user
The Brownsville City Morgue
54 Posts

Profile of Jolan Vanderdark
What do you think is the best ITR on the market? and Why? Did you buy your ITR online? If so at what online store did you by your favorite ITR.
Yes....Eventually you will come to me.

And Ohhh...What Sights I Have To Show You!!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Just wondering if you heard of Jon LeClair's
The LeClair Animator. No ITR involved, but always ready to go. He has a book and video out on it. After I saw this I never considered using an ITR. Just my opinion.
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Hi I guess it will be hard to say the best ITR!

Because it depends on what you want to accomplish! For Stage work you will definitely need a different ITR than for close-up!

Maybe you should check out the Videos on invisible thread by Michael Ammar!

Cheers,

Stefan
Ellusionist
View Profile
New user
Texas
25 Posts

Profile of Ellusionist
"Loops" are really cool if wanting to use for close-up. You can have them on you all the time, no trouble.

Smile
ç h r ï § ç h æ f f è r
Alex Ng
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
62 Posts

Profile of Alex Ng
My favorite is ITR 2001 Boss.

The alligator clip on this tiny reel allows even easier concealment.

By simply twisting the caps on either end, I can adjust the tension of the ******!

Otherwise, Stealth Retractor by John Kennedy is also good for many ****** works.
lmrmagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of lmrmagic
The Kevlar Reel series is an ITR with ****** that is twice as strong and more invisible then any previous Reel. It is made by the inventor of the ITR. These reels come with a Life Time Guarantee. You can only get them from authorized dealers. Sorcery Shop is trying to stop the pirates from ripping off their products.

Kevlar Reel: http://www.ronjo.com/magic.htm

Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I disagree that the ****** in the Kevlar reel is twice as strong, and especially that it is "more invisible" than any previous reel.

I own the Kevlar reel from Sorcery and have had nearly as much breakage as with "previous reels" and the ****** is at least - if not more visible.

I have a cheap indian reel that works just as well for me.

Obviously this is just my opinion. But others have also expressed the opinion in the ******* and reels forums, that while the Kevlar ****** may be a bit stronger, in actual use, it almost an unnoticeable difference.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
John
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of John
I'm interested in getting a large ITR for stage or parlour - stage situations. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who carries this upper end reel of Sorcery Shop's? Do they have their own web site?
freddyvegas
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of freddyvegas
I like the kevlar reel,,but I hate when i break the line Smile
It Hurts to be beautiful
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Quote:
On 2002-10-24 16:05, Alex Ng wrote:
My favorite is ITR 2001 Boss.

The alligator clip on this tiny reel allows even easier concealment.

By simply twisting the caps on either end, I can adjust the tension of the ******!

Otherwise, Stealth Retractor by John Kennedy is also good for many ****** works.

I second this. For the money (I've found one for $23) the ITR Boss is great. If you don't mind spending twice as much as the ITR, the Stealth Retractor will add another dimension to your IT magic.

Do yourself a favor and consider buying Ammar's IT videos - or at least the one dealing with taking the ITR apart, reloading, fixing, etc.

Good luck!
William Holcomb
Joedy
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Joedy
What about Z-Webs? Are they a better platform for ITR close up work?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>What about Z-Webs? Are they a better
>platform for ITR close up work?

The 'IT' part is the same in both effects you mentioned. But Z-Webs are purely a utility to handle and carry IT. While an ITR is ... well, an ITR. It also allows you to carry and handle IT, but the method of delivery is a bit different. It's a utility device of a different sort.

So, anyway, if your question is which is better for close-up: one of the many IT hookups out there or an ITR? Well, it really depends on what kind of hookup you prefer, and what kind of trick you are performing (whether you are planning to put some distance between yourself and the object). The IT part is pretty much identical in both; but the method of delivery is certainly different and it's a personal preference depending on who you ask.

In my opinion, the ITR is more portable and the hookup is quicker and you have more freedom for distance. It's cleaner (setup and completion) and you don't have to worry about pulling new IT for every performance. But there are times when a different hookup is necessary, although I usually try to adapt my ITR to accomodate and it has so far worked fine.

Brian
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Z-webs are great because you can usually get "set-up" without anyone being the wiser. I love to use them when having dinner with friend or business associates - because you don't have to leave the table to set it up it really catches people off guard!
Cheers!
William Holcomb
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
What is a Z-Web? Smile

Sorry guys, I'm more of a card man, but looking into IT magic!

Cheers,

Logan

P.S. I'm getting The ITR 2000 Boss
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Logan,z web,is a dispenser of IT.This allows eazy and consistent access to the same lenght of IT.This aids transport and aviods tangling.oblique
MikeM
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
110 Posts

Profile of MikeM
[quote]On 2002-11-29 16:29, John wrote:
I'm interested in getting a large ITR for stage or parlour - stage situations. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who carries this upper end reel of Sorcery Shop's? Do they have their own web site?

John

You can find the Sorcery Manufacturing site at the following link:-

http://sorcery.safeshopper.com/

If you have any question about the various reels vailable you'll find James George very helpful.

MikeM
Smile Smile
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
I currently have Z-webs and IT, though I currently have not expanded my Z-webs, I wonder if there's any way for my to reload it using IT after I have exhausted it.

Any one?
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
>I currently have Z-webs and IT, though I
>currently have not expanded my Z-webs, I
>wonder if there's any way for my to reload
>it using IT after I have exhausted it.

Nah, you have to buy a new one.

Brian
yosef_dov
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC area
242 Posts

Profile of yosef_dov
Greetings...

I have several ITR's as well as books and videos... of course, the Sorcery Shop's are the best made... the "Indian Reel" works well and actually has a very good set of instructions with it (nice printing and info)... I told James he should have instructions like those with his real reels... I have the original pen reel from Sorcery that came in a bizarre looking pen (flashy coloring), as well as a boss, micro, and regular size... I kind of like the larger ones best, I find them easier to work with in most of my situtations. The smaller reels often have a finer ******, and take more careful handling (they break easier, and don't pull out as far)...

All-in-all, if you are interested in IT stuff, check out some books and videos on the subject, and not just on reels... my favorite stuff involves my variations on Fearson's hookup, and the most WOW factor doesn't come from just floating stuff, it comes from making stuff move, even just a jiggle of a card or some object gets a bigger reaction than the standard floating bill...

One of my favorite routines now involves a bee buzzing around me, landing on my nose, etc... just keep thinking, playing, and break lots of ****** ... Smile

Joe
Smile
Dr Dark
View Profile
New user
North West UK
55 Posts

Profile of Dr Dark
i also use a ****** boss and am very happy with iy but i recently purchased U.F.C. (ultimate float controller) and although i am very impressed with the design i have still to find a routine with it that works for me i also have tried to find any uses for it in books and vids etc. any one with any good ideas please PM me i would really appreciate it, thanx folks.
Doc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » ITR (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL