The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Cogitations » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
Here's an idea: refund everyone's money and start with a clean slate!
It sounds like you want to refund the one guy who'll ID himself, so why not everyone?
We all know some will never complain, so search your heart.

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Some facts.

$20 was a snip for what was on offer.

Some well-intentioned 'promises' failed to deliver ($20 don't forget)

Thousands killed in terrorist activity.

Millions starving. (someone mentioned perspective)

Doubts over 'credibility' grow after witnessing 'head-honcho's' tantrum on public forum.

$20 saved for next 'best seling' book.
Steranko
View Profile
New user
UK
89 Posts

Profile of Steranko
Again I want to re-iterrate that I and all of the Compendium Members that post on the Compendium Forums are 100% happy with this situation. We know what was promised, we know that it will come. Fact is, the information on the first four CD's are more than enough to work with for a good 2 years.
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Steranko,
I will ask you not to speak for all Compendium members. I paid my $169 and I am a member. I have not asked Steve for a refund, because I'm happy with what material I have received.

While I don't begrudge Steve (too greatly) over it, I am greatly disappointed with the way the project turned out on the whole. We were promised 12 cds in 12 months, for our money. That has manifested itself in 4 cds in about 2 years. At this pace, Steve will be 7 years late on his promise. If he would have advertised 12 cds in 8 years, I probably would have saved my money.

Whether or not I have mastered the work Steve has sent does not matter. It doesn't even matter whether I look at the cds, use them as drink coasters, or play frisbee golf with them. The point is, what was PROMISED, ADVERTISED, PROMOTED, and PAID FOR, WAS NOT DELIVERED.

Add to that, the complaints about "Cogitations" on this thread, and there is an apparently disappointing trend to the way Steve does business. Keep in mind, that I know nothing about Cogitations. I'm only reacting to this thread.

I make my entire living, as a performer. Even as flaky as the entertainment business is, If I were to adopt this type of business model, I would be finished.

Steve,
You wrote,:
"But in truth, only the Compendium Members know what was promised, what
was delivered and how the nature of the project has changed. And to the best of my knowledge, you're not one of them. Once the project is finished, the people who are currently passing judgement without having all the facts will feel mighty silly."

I am a paid Compendium member, and I do know what was promised and delivered. I know the facts as I need to know them, and as they concern me, the consumer. I do not feel silly in voicing my disappointment.

Please do not accuse me of be incompassionate here, but the customer is always right. Whatever problems, issues, or life concerns you are going through, please know that I honestly hope the best for you from one man to another. As G-D is my witness, and as a Christian man, please believe that to be true. But as a customer in a business transaction, those are your problems, not mine.
Again, what little of your product I have received is stellar. It is not ,however, what you promised.

Eric Grossman
St. Louis, MO
family/magic/music/life
loopyloopy
View Profile
New user
Melbourne
7 Posts

Profile of loopyloopy
"If you mean the word 'Cogitations" I am not sure what it means."

This has nothing to do with cards but a cogitation is a carefully considered thought.
Alniner
View Profile
Loyal user
Burlington, ON, Canada
254 Posts

Profile of Alniner
I can't believe people are arguing over $20.00. Really!!! We've all gone to lectures and spent far more than that on lecture notes. Here, Steven gave us one complete set of lecture notes and a whole bunch of other material. We've all gotten our money's worth. If you don't believe you have, then I challenge you to show me everything from Cogitations season 1! Heck, I can't even do half of what was given to us!
Skĺl

--
Alan
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1213 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
YOU don't have to argue about YOUR $20. Okay.
Here's an analogy.
You go to a resturant and order steak and lobster with a side order of fries and salad.

Salad comes. You eat your salad - it's wonderful!

Here comes your food!

Wait a minute! It's just a big order of fries!

You're told not to worry and you start in on your fries. They're great!
You wait for your steak and lobster, and wait, and wait...

You ask to see the manager - he comes over and tells you that the "nature" of the resturant had changed, they no longer do surf and turf.

You start to raise your voice - people at the other tables point and say "look! He hasn't even FINISHED his fries!"

Some one even gets up and tells you "There's enough fries there for two more meals! Why don't you finish them before you start complaining?"

Another guy points out that $20 is a bargin for steak and lobster, and that last week he paid $20 for pizza and got only half as many FRIES as are on your plate.

You have to admit that the salad and fries were first rate, but did you get what you were promised?

The manager comiserates with you and admits that even he would be wary of eating at an establishment like his.

You're not happy, but seeing as you're a magician, you leave a big tip!

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Cogitations » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL