The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magazines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
Can you mention three, or so, magic magazines your routinely get, particularly for card sleights, but also for card tricks. If you have a good source with a link for ordering, would also appreciate that.

(I know, "do you want me to read them for your too"?)
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
KidCrenshaw
View Profile
Special user
USA
537 Posts

Profile of KidCrenshaw
Magic Magazine, Genii Magazine. If you belong to a ring or club, most will have mailings, although maybe not quite a "magazine".
"Put your faith in Providence, but always cut the cards"
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
"Antinomy" - for the serious cardster!

Gene Taylor pops in here occasionally.

Talking of which, does anyone know when issue three is out?

RK
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2005-07-30 06:46, Roger Kelly wrote:

Gene Taylor pops in here occasionally.

Talking of which, does anyone know when issue three is out?

RK

ANTINOMY is not limited to the serious cardster. In fact it's wonderfully diverse and well balanced. I can't comment enough on how much I've enjoyed the first two (and only, so far) issues. While I may purchase GENII &/or MAGIC from time to time, ANTINOMY is the only subscription I receive. (Issue 3 due mid August)
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Is Antinomy really that good? It's awfully pricey so I never got an issue, but I'm wondering what makes it worth the money...
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2005-07-30 08:17, Charlie Justice wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-07-30 06:46, Roger Kelly wrote:

ANTINOMY is not limited to the serious cardster.

Yikes! Too late for the "edit" button now!

Yes, you are right - my initial post was a little misleading. Not necessarily for the 'advanced' worker but 'serious' in the way that you'd have to be 'seriously' into cards to take on the pricey subscribtion. BUT it IS a quality magazine - one of the very best!

Hope that clears it up a bit.

RK
roi_tau
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel
333 Posts

Profile of roi_tau
I think that today most serous magic magazine from the top three(Genni,magic,linking ring) is Genni.

Have fun
Roi
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
Quote:
On 2005-07-30 09:49, Reis O'Brien wrote:
Is Antinomy really that good? It's awfully pricey so I never got an issue, but I'm wondering what makes it worth the money...

What is the price per magazine? Is it possible to subscribe if living in other countries?

Is there a homepage I could visit and read about it?
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
http://www.antinomymagic.com/

I am subsrcibing on this exellent magazine without no problem, and it's worth every cent

http://www.antinomymagic.com/about.htm
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
At 60 dollars a year (4 issues a year), ANTINOMY is a bargain. The look, feel, quality, character and content is superb. I rarely re-read others magazines and yet find myself returning to my first 2 issues of 'A' over and over again. It's all about magic & effects and approaches our art from every angle. I will most certainly own every issue until it ends its run...regardless of the cost.

I can also imagine that ANTINOMY will one day be compiled a-la RICHARDS ALMANAC into yet another great collection. if not, no worries, I'll have the originals.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2005-07-31 07:47, Charlie Justice wrote:
At 60 dollars a year (4 issues a year), ANTINOMY is a bargain.

Yes, I agree. The reason I said 'pricey' earlier was based on the $90 it costs for UK subscribers - that's about 50 quid over here which is 'pricey' for four mags. Smile

RK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Magazines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL