The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Info package? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
When I get inquiries from people who have seen my website, they generally ask for the price. How should I best respond to these inquiries?

Should I ask for their details and the details of their event and perhaps send an info package that gives more detail about the packages I offer?

When I quote prices via email often I will not hear back from them.

Thanks

Simon
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
joshlondon
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of joshlondon
I get inquires that same way, here's what I do: "Why don't you tell me a little more about the event, then when I give you a price it isn't too much or too little, that wouldn't be fair to both of us." They tell me about the event, and I am quickly joting down different shows that come to mind. I then ask them what their budget is, the reason I ask them this is because I have so many different show options I want to fulfill their needs.

If their budget is $250, I say, "I cannot do the show." If their budget is $2500, we have some leverage.

The fact that they contacted you puts you at a huge advantage because they are genuinely interested in your shows.

I ask for details, give them a price that is a little under (not too much under), or right with their budget. They usually say they need to talk it over with their committee, and I ask when I can expect to hear back from them because I want a decision asap!

I then explain that I'll email them my Press Kit which is about 10 pages long and I want them to print it out and take it to their meeting. I call a day before the meeting to answer any questions they might have.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Take a course in selling at a local community college it will answer all your questions for you. This is NOT a sarcastic answer, but learning to sell the product and make it attractive is the heart of our BUSINESS. Learn it well and you will be happy

There is NO one answer to your question. The course will help a lot.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Email enquiries

Have a form on your web site- for them to fill out which has space for Mailing address and phone number.

If all they do is email you with no other form of contact

reply with some questions under- Before I quote -I need to know more about the event:

and ask:
Where is the event
What show do they want?
Phone number
Address
what is their budget
date of the event
any other needs you have
Number of guests
Venue
What type of event- cocktail party, awards night etc

I would suggest not emailing them a responce because magicians don't look good on paper- but we do look good in person.

So if you have promo Video send this out along with a sales letter outlining the benefits of using you

If all they get is a number- then your web site has to do all the work

I like to think a web site (and most will disagree) is to get them to enquire and you finish off the sale- although if the web site does all the selling- great

but from the sounds of things people are booking from info on your site.

If there is a meeting and it's possible- go to the meeting and perform for 5-10 minutes saying it will be a fun way to start the meeting off.

But you will always make more sales when you get face to face meetings so
your web site and promo info should direct the person to having a meeting with you
If you can't get to meetings - have an interactive performance Video- I use a flash promo CD with me speaking to them explaining what is what.

Follow up is always important- You must follow up- don't wait for them

in an email or letter say at the bottom- I will call in a couple of days to discuss your options- and do so. YOU YOU YOU must follow up- don't think that they will even tho they contacted you in the first place.

Cheers

David
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Simon -

This thread might be of help to you: Magic Café thread titled... Email Bookings.

One of the things discussed on it, is that generally your success in booking shows is lower if you correspond by e-mail, as opposed to phone or face-to-face selling.

This thread is also a good one: Magic Café thread titled... "I'm not a...... but..."

It has some good suggestions about fielding phone calls / inquiries.

Hope that these links help you. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I also have a form on my website that allows a viewer to request information. However, the form is written and set up in such a way that is clearly states that they are sending the form so that information can be sent to them and there is no obligation to them.

Then their information goes to my e-mail address while an automated system sends them an e-mail back that says thank you for contacting us and that we will be sending you out a full information packet in the mail within 24 hours. It is a simple and automated process that really works.

I then send them out a full information packet and my letter in the mail to them. At the same time this is being sent out to them, I write them another personal e-mail thankjing them for their request and stating that the info packet has been mailed to them. that after receiving it, if they have any questions, issues or concerns, they can contact me numerous ways.

I then wait about 2-3 days after mailing the packet out and do a follow up with them. This usually helps land me the gig.

Hope this helps.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
So, Kyle, for you, it would seem that your preference is not to respond to their inquiry with a phone call seeking more information, but let your correspondence do the selling (full information pack and e-mails).

Not a wrong approach, just different from what seems to work well for me.

See, there are many successful ways to run your business.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Info package? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL