We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Graphics help (Image doesn't look right) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm working on a new website design. I'm making my images with Photoshop. ON my computer the image looks great but when I upload it into my server the image looks terrible. I tried saving it in a lower level of Quality (Changed from 8 to 7).

Well, if you know much about this sort of thing go ahead and check it out at magicjax.com/new. It's the image of me floating in the middle that doesn't look right.

Any suggestions?

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Ron, I love your graphic, A LOT, I am not sure what you are objecting to, but to me, and pardon my saying this, your shadow looks feminine. I think it is the angle. Try shortening the shadow's hair and the angle of the chest is awkward as well. Problem there is I have no clue how to clean it up.

I really love the graphic, you must have speant many hours of work on it.

Peace always,

Cliff
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I definately don't want to look feminine.. Smile Do you think something like this would look better? Click here.

I might make a different image of the levitation. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ron

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The first levitating image of you was too small for the stage. Didn't care for it at all.

I like this one better http://www.magicjax.com/new/new.html.
Critique time.
Your image could be a bit bigger and fill the stage more.

Magic is spelled wrong "Maigc".

The full, right hand curtain banner I don't care for. This, the man standing and a majority of the audience weighs heavily on the right side.

I actually like your current site design. Looks professional.
Best,
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Your arm (casting a shadow on the floor) is wrong. It should cast along the arm and also the chest but not the floor at the angle shown.
The shadow also lacks dynamics. It should be sharp where your body is close to the floor and more diffuse the futher away your body is away from the floor.

For a web image look at saving the image for web (file menu 7.0) this takes you to a plugin that will compress the image for use on the web as opposed to anywhere else. this plugin will give you full control over size, resolution and colour.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Graphics help (Image doesn't look right) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL