The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Penn & Teller: Bulls*** (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Well my brother rented the thrid disc from Penn and Teller: Bulls*** a couple days ago, I think it is the second season. I wouldn't think the third season would be on DVD yet.

But he told me that they did something for a magic trick anyone with a deck of cards and lives in that area can do. He said they had a false grave made up for themselves, I'll get to that later.

He said on the show they instructed that a person could give somebody a deck of cards and let them shuffle to their hearts content. Then they would deal cards face down until they saw fit. When they stop you hand them a pen and ask them to check the time. As they look at the time, you pull out an envelope, holding the 3 of Clubs under it I believe. And you simply drop it on the pile they delt onto the table. Then get them to write the time on the envelope and put the top card into it, the 3 of Clubs. Then seal it up and say you'll finish the trick later.

Then go around the city site seeing yada yada yada. Them when you get to said cemetery, say something about if they heard about Penn and Teller dying in some accident or what have you. Then find the tombstone and on it says "Is this your card?" and a picture of a 3 of clubs below.

I'll have to rent it again to check. But my brother says they gave directions to the cemetery and everything heh.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
I saw that.

It is a great trick. Smile

I used to live in LA but never did get around to it. I plan on to someday too.

Oh yeah the episode you are talking about is called "Death." Penn and Teller auctually purchased a grave to do that!The are suppose to be "dead."I think you will understand when you see it. It was one of the weaker episodes tho. The bible and PETA are pretty much the best I have seen. Others are pretty cool too tho. Smile

Only in the minds of Penn and Teller. They are a total inspiration to me and without out doubt my favorite "enterntainment" magicians. They do that FLAWLESS. You can't help but stare the whole show.....
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
I am heading out to Las Vegas very soon and look forward to seeing them perform. I have never seen Penn & Teller live so I'm not sure what to expect. However, I have always been a big fan from the moment I first saw them on Letterman.

Take care,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
What you'll see is magic stripped to its core and performed with very, very few embellishments. If you like their characters, you'll love the show.

Curt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Penn & Teller: Bulls*** (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL