The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Plastic Clear Bicycle Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I bought a couple of boxes at Target here in NC. Incredible! They handle nearly the same as the regular cards and they really add a little extra "something" to a few of my card routines. They're certainly a conversation starter at my restaurant tables.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Mad Mat
View Profile
New user
Norwich, Norfolk, England
90 Posts

Profile of Mad Mat
Cool, I'm going to order some I think, they would be really cool just as playing cards as well I think, must last longer too
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
I can't believe this but I just bought a pack of clear cards (not bikes) for $5 with a cool clear case last night! What are your favorite tricks with them?
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I don't know how practical these cards are in terms of card magic, but they will, of course, be a fun addition to the collection.

Frankly, they would be more useful if they just looked like the regualer bicycle cards, but only on clear plastic. Then you could really do some interesting color changes, or maybe an "x-ray" type effect.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
These look to be made by an asian company (same one that makes "Invisible cards") and not by USPCC. (not verified).

I have an issue with the front design iykwim.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Are they s good to fan etc...?
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
351 Posts

Profile of Rudy
I noticed these clear Bicycle cards here in a local Target store in Maryland. I think there were three or four different colors available. Around $4.00 a pack. It sounds to me like Target stores from all around have them.

Rudy
vago
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
115 Posts

Profile of vago
Still cant find it on the site
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
On 2005-08-02 15:34, Partizan wrote:
These look to be made by an asian company (same one that makes "Invisible cards") and not by USPCC. (not verified).

I have an issue with the front design iykwim.

My case clearly has the USPCC design copyright statment and manufacturing ID, however, it does state "Made in China"...which is annoying as snot on a clean tie! The decks I bought came in two colors...Sky Blue with a turquoise border and Pink with an orange border. The back of the card has the traditional "Angels on Bikes" design in powder blue (blue deck) and goldenrod (pink deck). The word "Bicycle" appears above and below each angel. The card is see-thru between the angel design and the "Bicycle" logo and along the border.

Turning the card over...the center pips and court designs are displayed in the center area occupied by the angels on the reverse. The corner pips appear in the sections occupied by the "Bicycle" logo on the reverse. Black pips are black, however, red pips are white. For me, the see-thru aspect of the cards makes up for the loss of color and design. I tried scanning a couple, but by the time I got them down to the file size required for uploading they were too small to see any decent detail!

I'm not a card mechanic, so I can't speak to the professional feel of the cards. The forces, passes and other moves that I do use work just as well with these cards as a "paper" deck. As for fanning...the printing on the plastic gives the cards a bit of drag. Powdering and wear may reduce this. Time will tell.

The neat thing about these cards is the sheer novelty. I also think that being able to see through the cards imprints an extra bit of mystery to my usual routines. I've yet to find a standard deck routine, other than the standard monte perhaps, that these cards don't work with. For example...I use the basic Color Monte moves with a standard QH, KH and Joker...with the KH taking the place of the CM $14 card. Spectators seem more blown away than ever with the clear cards.

I bought four decks at Target (Toy & Game Department) for $3.99 per deck. It's certainly worth four bucks to grab a deck and experiment! Hope this answers a few questions!

:o) Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
still_ill
View Profile
Loyal user
florida
201 Posts

Profile of still_ill
I bought 4 decks at a target by my house, in florida...they're easy enough to work with...and great for double lifts...they're also very thin though, and impossible to fan...they are definatly worth $4
vago
View Profile
Regular user
Israel
115 Posts

Profile of vago
I am not close to a target store so if you saw it on an online store or willing to help....
still_ill
View Profile
Loyal user
florida
201 Posts

Profile of still_ill
http://www.magicbox.uk.com/

I think you can pre-order them here

and there were about 6 or 7 decks left at the store I went to...and if they're still there, I'd be more than happy to pick them up and send them, at the same cost, to people who couldn't find any by them...but if you're really from israel, I'm not sure how long they would take to get there or how much it would cost to ship them
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Maybe I'm crazy, but I couldn't find them on the Magicbox website. I'll have to start keeping an eye open at Target it seems!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
still_ill
View Profile
Loyal user
florida
201 Posts

Profile of still_ill
They were on there, but now I can't find them either...better to find them at target anyway...no waiting, and a lot cheaper
Mad Mat
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Mad Mat
Better for you but there are no target stores in england.

they aren't on there any more, maybe cos they were pre order before.

they used to have a big banner on the home page with them on
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
I just bought some decks. They are TOO COOL! They far exceeded my expectations. They are not easy to fan, but they spread well. Otherwise, they seem to be just as good as regular Bicycle cards - except they are easier to do a pass with!!! I'm just happy with the aesthetic qualities - great design. You can see through them, but you can't tell which card is which unless you turn them over. They are on eBay now, for those of you who do not live near a Target.
dam0n
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of dam0n
Where is it?? can;t find it on the site..
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
812 Posts

Profile of e-man
Just a word to the wise... http://www.magicboxcouk.com is the only time I shoped on-line
OVER- SEAS with a credit card.2 days after this someone in the u.k. is enjoying a shoping rampage with my card (what a nightmere)All charges are comming from the U.K. And that is the only place I purchased over seas,enter with great caution!
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Mad Mat
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Mad Mat
Oh cool they are on ebay, I looked before for em but they wernt there.

I got my tigers from ebay
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Quote:
On 2005-08-09 02:21, e-man wrote:
Just a word to the wise... http://www.magicboxcouk.com is the only time I shoped on-line
OVER- SEAS with a credit card.2 days after this someone in the u.k. is enjoying a shoping rampage with my card (what a nightmere)All charges are comming from the U.K. And that is the only place I purchased over seas,enter with great caution!

Thanks for the warning. Buyer Beware.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Plastic Clear Bicycle Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL